    Does 'Bad Checksum' mean the download or my version of the
    program.What to do, Please?
    Don.
    Don Cressey, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Don Cressey

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Don Cressey" <moncress@> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In trying to update SpyBot I get advice that there 'new rules.' When I
    > tell the prog to down load then I get the reply 'Bad Checksum.' and
    > can go no further.
    > Does 'Bad Checksum' mean the download or my version of the
    > program.What to do, Please?
    > Don.

    Select the Australian site to download from.
    Works for me.

    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Don Cressey

    Mikey B Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:53:39 +1200, KiwiBrian wrote:

    > "Don Cressey" <moncress@> wrote in message
    >> In trying to update SpyBot I get advice that there 'new rules.' When I
    >> tell the prog to down load then I get the reply 'Bad Checksum.' and
    >> can go no further.
    >> Does 'Bad Checksum' mean the download or my version of the
    >> program.What to do, Please?
    >> Don.

    > Select the Australian site to download from.
    > Works for me.
    >
    > Brian Tozer

    Yeah, just try another mirror. Normally I get problems with one of the
    mirrors not working for me.

    Mike
    Mikey B, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Don Cressey

    Industrious Guest

    According to NetGuide the software has been updated and now I required for
    web updates.

    Industrious, Jul 27, 2004
  5. Don Cressey

    Wyn Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:
    > "Don Cressey" <moncress@> wrote in message
    >> In trying to update SpyBot I get advice that there 'new rules.' When
    >> I tell the prog to down load then I get the reply 'Bad Checksum.' and
    >> can go no further.
    >> Does 'Bad Checksum' mean the download or my version of the
    >> program.What to do, Please?
    >> Don.

    > Select the Australian site to download from.
    > Works for me.
    >
    > Brian Tozer

    Could you please tell me how this is done. The help file mentions
    alternative mirrors, but I can't find any.
    Using Spybot 1.3 rc5

    Ta.

    Wyn
    Wyn, Jul 27, 2004
  6. Martin Kaufmann, Jul 27, 2004
  7. Don Cressey

    Don Cressey Guest

    Mikey B <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:53:39 +1200, KiwiBrian wrote:
    >

    >> "Don Cressey" <moncress@> wrote in message
    >>> In trying to update SpyBot I get advice that there 'new rules.' When I
    >>> tell the prog to down load then I get the reply 'Bad Checksum.' and
    >>> can go no further.
    >>> Does 'Bad Checksum' mean the download or my version of the
    >>> program.What to do, Please?
    >>> Don.

    >> Select the Australian site to download from.
    >> Works for me.
    >>
    >> Brian Tozer

    >Yeah, just try another mirror. Normally I get problems with one of the
    >mirrors not working for me.
    >
    >Mike

    Many thanks Mike. I used rootboxen.com and it worked fine although the
    Australian site and one other both came up with 'bad checksum.'
    Anyway all is now well. Many thanks, Don.
    Don Cressey, Jul 28, 2004
  8. Don Cressey

    Wyn Guest

    Martin Kaufmann wrote:
    > Wyn wrote:
    >
    >> Could you please tell me how this is done. The help file mentions
    >> alternative mirrors, but I can't find any.
    >> Using Spybot 1.3 rc5

    > It's described here:
    >
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/update.html

    Thanks, except the toolbar on my copy was different. The drop down box
    with the list of sites didn't work at all. Uninstalled Spybot and then
    reinstalled it. Then the list of sites appeared. Strange...

    All OK now though. I got my updates.

    Wyn

    p.s. Where are the ads that you are warned against deleting? Not that I
    want to see any :)
    Wyn, Jul 28, 2004