    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Jan 28, 2008

  2. Nevermind. I went to the Payout forum and they said the only fix was
    to download the latest beta version. It works.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Jan 28, 2008

  3. "Ctrl/Alt/Del" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote in message
    > Nevermind. I went to the Payout forum and they said the only fix was
    > to download the latest beta version. It works.

    You're an idiot.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jan 28, 2008
  4. On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:01:02 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ctrl/Alt/Del" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote in message
    >> Nevermind. I went to the Payout forum and they said the only fix was
    >> to download the latest beta version. It works.

    >You're an idiot.

    You are a rectal-guzzling, hemorrhoid-nibbling, ****-face. Let's not
    let that take away from the fact that the solution, the only solution
    to the problem I was having with Spybot, was to download the beta
    version.

    Mr. Adolph Spybot told me this himself on his forum.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Jan 29, 2008
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Muze Groops Guest

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    > I am using Spybot S&D, latest version. Downloaded the latest version
    > tonight to place on new computer. It has never been on this computer,
    > a completely fresh install.
    >
    > It takes about 45 seconds to a minute for the program to open and I
    > have a dual core processor and 2 gigs of memory, etc...
    > <snippy>

    that's odd, I have 512k of RAM and it opens up in a few seconds for me...

    Muze Groops, Jan 29, 2008
  6. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Jaya Guest

    The answer to your problem is in this site :

    http://forums.spybot.info/

    Jaya

    "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> a écrit dans le
    message de news: ...
    >I am using Spybot S&D, latest version. Downloaded the latest version
    > tonight to place on new computer. It has never been on this computer,
    > a completely fresh install.
    >
    > It takes about 45 seconds to a minute for the program to open and I
    > have a dual core processor and 2 gigs of memory, etc...

    [Cut]

    Jaya, Jan 29, 2008
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    thanatoid Guest

    Muze Groops <> wrote in

    > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >> I am using Spybot S&D, latest version. Downloaded the
    >> latest version tonight to place on new computer. It has
    >> never been on this computer, a completely fresh install.
    >>
    >> It takes about 45 seconds to a minute for the program to
    >> open and I have a dual core processor and 2 gigs of
    >> memory, etc...
    >> <snippy>

    > that's odd, I have 512k of RAM and it opens up in a few
    > seconds for me...

    It takes /forever/ to load and even longer to check the 60,000
    (or something) potential problems... I would guess it opens in a
    few seconds for you because you have it set up incorrectly, no
    offense.

    --
    "As you know, it is considered bad form to discuss the latest
    news with persons from the beyond."

    thanatoid, Jan 30, 2008
  8. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Jaya Guest

    "thanatoid" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    Xns9A3574F652847thanexit@66.250.146.158...
    > Muze Groops <> wrote in
    >
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >>> I am using Spybot S&D, latest version. Downloaded the
    >>> latest version tonight to place on new computer. It has
    >>> never been on this computer, a completely fresh install.
    >>>
    >>> It takes about 45 seconds to a minute for the program to
    >>> open and I have a dual core processor and 2 gigs of
    >>> memory, etc...
    >>> <snippy>

    >> that's odd, I have 512k of RAM and it opens up in a few
    >> seconds for me...

    > It takes /forever/ to load and even longer to check the 60,000
    > (or something) potential problems... I would guess it opens in a
    > few seconds for you because you have it set up incorrectly, no
    > offense.

    Just go to this site : http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=17886 and
    get the
    fix below :

    Download: SpybotSD.exe-1.5.1.16-2007-09-24-issues-76-78-79-84-85.zip

    Jaya

    Jaya, Jan 30, 2008
  9. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jan 31, 2008
  10. On 30 Jan 2008 19:53:01 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Agreed. It's a feature of their new app.
    >
    >In fact, I've deleted it from my list of Utils On:
    >http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    >

    >And am in the process of recommmending others:
    >

    >DRAFT:
    >http://www.bootdisk.com/temp/0028.htm

    You are also charging people for "access" to freeware. Classy!!

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Jan 31, 2008
  11. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    thanatoid Guest

    "Jaya" <> wrote in

    > "thanatoid" <> a écrit dans le
    > message de news: Xns9A3574F652847thanexit@66.250.146.158...
    >> Muze Groops <> wrote in

    >>> that's odd, I have 512k of RAM and it opens up in a few
    >>> seconds for me...

    >> It takes /forever/ to load and even longer to check the
    >> 60,000 (or something) potential problems... I would guess
    >> it opens in a few seconds for you because you have it set
    >> up incorrectly, no offense.
    >>

    > Just go to this site :
    > http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=17886 and get
    > the fix below :
    >
    > Download:
    > SpybotSD.exe-1.5.1.16-2007-09-24-issues-76-78-79-84-85.zip
    >
    > Jaya

    Not sure which of the three of us you are addressing.

    In my case, I am using ver. 1.3 (and have for 3.5 years or so)
    on a 166MHz with 64MB RAM (96MB since last summer or so, no
    change in anything except now I have 40MB free instead of 25MB
    once I boot into Windows - in 45 seconds - and I have freed up
    two 16MB SIMMS which might come in handy for something someday),
    and I just assumed spyware scanning was a lot of work and that
    the slow speed was a result of this "lot of work" being done on
    a slow old machine (which I am typing this on and which does
    everything perfectly well and I am pretty sure faster than any
    Vista machine except convert between music formats or edit video
    - I have a 2GHz for that).

    I never used 1.4 because it didn't work with 95, and I saw that
    1.5 requires a 10MB "95 compatibility pack" which is usually
    something that makes me delete the program and everything
    associated with it. So while I have not tried 1.4 OR 1.5, since
    the update files work with 1.3, I can only assume that even
    Patrick has fallen victim to whatever disease it is that makes
    great programs bloat and leak pus.

    When I first started using Spybot it would alert me to a few
    basic things which were not threats at all, and I changed a few
    settings to eliminate those alerts. Since then it has never
    caught anything because I am very careful about what I do with
    my machine and I scan everything and I tracks all installs and
    even some execs with InCtrl.

    The fix for 1.5 mentioned above obviously can not be used by me,
    and the size of the Spybot forums plus the fact everyone HAS to
    use the latest version of everything (exactly opposite to how I
    feel about most programs) basically just leave my situation as
    it was, and I have no problem with it. I can certainly spare a
    half hour every two or three months just to be congratulated by
    spybot, even though I am by now pretty convinced doing the whole
    exercise is - in my case - quite pointless.

    You might find the following page(s) interesting:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=23281

    thanatoid, Jan 31, 2008
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Jaya Guest

    Hi thanatoid,

    My answer was for Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del who seems to use the 1.5 version of Spybot
    S&D.

    I had the same " slow " problem, installed the fix and everything goes fine
    now.

    Jaya

    Xns9A35E8811268thanexit@66.250.146.158...

    Jaya, Jan 31, 2008
  13. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Smirnoff Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > Muze Groops <> wrote in
    >
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >>> I am using Spybot S&D, latest version. Downloaded the
    >>> latest version tonight to place on new computer. It has
    >>> never been on this computer, a completely fresh install.
    >>>
    >>> It takes about 45 seconds to a minute for the program to
    >>> open and I have a dual core processor and 2 gigs of
    >>> memory, etc...
    >>> <snippy>

    >> that's odd, I have 512k of RAM and it opens up in a few
    >> seconds for me...

    > It takes /forever/ to load and even longer to check the 60,000
    > (or something) potential problems... I would guess it opens in a
    > few seconds for you because you have it set up incorrectly, no
    > offense.

    You need the new version 1.5.2. at:

    http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

    Smirnoff, Jan 31, 2008
  14. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    thanatoid Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in

    > "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    >> Muze Groops <> wrote in

    >>> that's odd, I have 512k of RAM and it opens up in a few
    >>> seconds for me...

    >> It takes /forever/ to load and even longer to check the
    >> 60,000 (or something) potential problems... I would guess
    >> it opens in a few seconds for you because you have it set
    >> up incorrectly, no offense.
    >>

    > You need the new version 1.5.2. at:
    >
    > http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

    I appreciate the suggestion, but read my other post in this
    thread.
    Main points: a) I refuse to install 10 MB of "Win95"
    compatibility garbage, b) I am sure there is absolutely nothing
    useful {to a person who (for lack of a better example 20 minutes
    after waking up) knows the difference between an exe and a dll}
    that 1.5 does that 1.3 does not, especially since it uses the
    exact same definition files.

    thanatoid, Jan 31, 2008
  15. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Smirnoff Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "Smirnoff" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    >>> Muze Groops <> wrote in

    >>> It takes /forever/ to load and even longer to check the
    >>> 60,000 (or something) potential problems... I would guess
    >>> it opens in a few seconds for you because you have it set
    >>> up incorrectly, no offense.
    >>>

    >> You need the new version 1.5.2. at:
    >>
    >> http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

    > I appreciate the suggestion, but read my other post in this
    > thread.
    > Main points: a) I refuse to install 10 MB of "Win95"
    > compatibility garbage, b) I am sure there is absolutely nothing
    > useful {to a person who (for lack of a better example 20 minutes
    > after waking up) knows the difference between an exe and a dll}
    > that 1.5 does that 1.3 does not, especially since it uses the
    > exact same definition files.
    >

    > --

    Fair comment.

    Smirnoff, Jan 31, 2008
  16. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    thanatoid Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in

    > "thanatoid" <> wrote in message

    <SNIP>

    >> I appreciate the suggestion, but read my other post in
    >> this thread.
    >> Main points: a) I refuse to install 10 MB of "Win95"
    >> compatibility garbage, b) I am sure there is absolutely
    >> nothing useful {to a person who (for lack of a better
    >> example 20 minutes after waking up) knows the difference
    >> between an exe and a dll} that 1.5 does that 1.3 does not,
    >> especially since it uses the exact same definition files.
    >>

    >> --

    > Fair comment.

    Thank you. I am SO used to getting abused for most of my basic
    beliefs...

    thanatoid, Feb 1, 2008