    updater and Integrated tools, I get the message - !!! bad checksum !

    What the hell does this mean please?
    TIA
    Smirnoff, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    Found the answer myself. Apparently server was too busy. Tried various
    mirror sites, finally got them from EON Australia!

    Smirnoff, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Smirnoff

    Penguin Guest

    Smirnoff wrote:
    >WinME
    >Have updated new includes etc. but when trying to download Application
    >updater and Integrated tools, I get the message - !!! bad checksum !
    >
    >What the hell does this mean please?
    >TIA

    Greetings;

    I have the same problem and I'm using Win98SE. If anyone knows why
    this is happening, please let us know :) Thanks.

    Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    -Chris
    Penguin, Aug 16, 2003
  4. Smirnoff

    S.Heenan Guest

    Penguin wrote:
    > Smirnoff wrote:
    >> WinME
    >> Have updated new includes etc. but when trying to download
    >> Application updater and Integrated tools, I get the message - !!!
    >> bad checksum !
    >>
    >> What the hell does this mean please?
    >> TIA

    > Greetings;
    >
    > I have the same problem and I'm using Win98SE. If anyone knows why
    > this is happening, please let us know :) Thanks.
    >
    > Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    > -Chris

    It means the file(s) were damaged between the server and your PC. It
    happens. Keep trying or try another server.
    --
    Winerr 012 - Cash Underflow - Credit Card Number Will Be Assimilated
    S.Heenan, Aug 16, 2003
  5. "S.Heenan" <> wrote in message news:<bCl%a.768006$>...
    > Penguin wrote:
    > > Smirnoff wrote:
    > >> WinME
    > >> Have updated new includes etc. but when trying to download
    > >> Application updater and Integrated tools, I get the message - !!!
    > >> bad checksum !
    > >>
    > >> What the hell does this mean please?
    > >> TIA

    > > Greetings;
    > >
    > > I have the same problem and I'm using Win98SE. If anyone knows why
    > > this is happening, please let us know :) Thanks.
    > >
    > > Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    > > -Chris

    > It means the file(s) were damaged between the server and your PC. It
    > happens. Keep trying or try another server.

    I am also running the Microsoft Windows 98SE operating system.

    I have tried several different mirrors including an Australian one.
    Each time the same three files give a bad checksum error :-(

    I tried reinstalling Spybot and was able to update all of the files
    except those three files :-(

    The files are "File Check Library", "Includes", and "Integrated tools".
    I wonder if these files have been corrupted before distribution to
    the mirrors?

    Is anyone in a position to check the files to see if they are
    corrupted on the mirrors?

    Bernard
    Bernard Wilson, Aug 22, 2003