    Has anybody experienced this and come up with a sucessful fix?

    Thanks!

    Beachcomber
    Beachcomber, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Beachcomber

    Thor Guest

    "Beachcomber" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Using the latest freeware version of Spyware Search and Destroy on my
    > Win Xp Pro System, it is detecting a registry entry called "DSO
    > Exploit".

    It's a bug, ignore it. The DSO exploit was patched long ago in IE. As long
    as you are current in your IE patches, or running the newest version, you
    are fine. Spybot is merely detecting registry settings relating to this
    exploit that it thinks are unsafe, but ignores whether or not the
    vulerability itself, is present or not. It's a false reading in most cases.
    If you are unsure about whether you are patched, or have a version of IE
    that is vulnerable, go here:

    http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/

    scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the demontration link, that
    will attempt to run the windows calculator program using this exploit. If
    the windows calculator program fails to run when you visit the link, you are
    ok.
    Thor, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Snap
    just posted this - saw yours after i sent my message
    Rob

    ROBERT BROOKS, Oct 3, 2004