    Should I do anything about it?

    Regards,
    Charlie
    cag, Jan 15, 2007

  2. cag

    Guest

    cag wrote:
    > Every time Spybot runs, it shows MediaPlex and Statcounter. Why is that?
    > Should I do anything about it?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Charlie

    that depends on where SB found them. In cookies? If so, then they are
    tracking cookies sent out by the websites you visit.
    , Jan 15, 2007

  3. cag

    SteveG Guest

    cag wrote:
    > Every time Spybot runs, it shows MediaPlex and Statcounter. Why is that?
    > Should I do anything about it?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Charlie

    Have you used the "immunize" function in Spybot? This should prevent it
    from happening again. You can also add them to your cookies exclusion
    list in Firefox.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Jan 15, 2007
  4. cag

    Canopus Guest

    SteveG scribed in message
    <UNRqh.31466$> at 20:49:56 15/01/2007

    >cag wrote:
    >>Every time Spybot runs, it shows MediaPlex and Statcounter. Why is that?
    >>Should I do anything about it?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Charlie

    >Have you used the "immunize" function in Spybot? This should prevent it
    >from happening again. You can also add them to your cookies exclusion list
    >in Firefox.
    >
    >HTH

    SpyBot will immunise IE, but, not FF. Running SpyBot will highlight in
    red any nasty tracking cookies and then in FF go Tools > Options > Privacy

    --
    Rob

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/
    Canopus, Jan 17, 2007