Spybot S&D Results

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Wayne R. Russ, May 14, 2004.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I just downloaded, installed and ran Spybot S&D 1.3. Below is listed the
    results of the first scan.

    I have no idea what CoolWWWSearch:Bookmark is supposed to be. They
    came up as being red so they must be important, but can anyone advise me on
    what they are and what I should do with them ? What is a Bookmark ?

    The Xerox Registry Key is a folder with a TextBridge folder in it which
    is OCR software for my scanner. I don't believe I should get rid of that. Am
    I correct ? How do I keep it from coming up again ?

    Any and all help is Greatly Appreciated,

    Wayne

    CoolWWWSearch: Bookmark (Internet Explorer: .DEFAULT) (Bookmark, nothing
    done)

    CoolWWWSearch: Bookmark (Internet Explorer: Wayne R. Russ) (Bookmark,
    nothing done)

    Xer0x : Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\xerox
    Wayne R. Russ, May 14, 2004

  2. Wayne R. Russ

    Michael-NC Guest

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?B33B25C48

    Michael-NC, May 14, 2004

  3. Thank You Michael,

    I downloaded and ran the application at the link below. When I did, it
    said that I do not have CoolWWWSearch Smart Killer on my system. I still
    have the two entries coming up in Spybot S&D though. My questions , I guess
    still stands. Why are they there and can I get rid of them safely ?

    Thank You for your Time and Patience,

    Wayne R. Russ

    Wayne R. Russ, May 15, 2004
  4. Wayne R. Russ

    S.Heenan Guest

    Wayne R. Russ wrote:

    > I downloaded and ran the application at the link below. When I
    > did, it said that I do not have CoolWWWSearch Smart Killer on my
    > system. I still have the two entries coming up in Spybot S&D though.
    > My questions , I guess still stands. Why are they there and can I get
    > rid of them safely ?
    >
    > Thank You for your Time and Patience,
    >
    > Wayne R. Russ

    Download, install, update and run CWShredder from here:

    S.Heenan, May 16, 2004
  5. Wayne R. Russ

    Michael-NC Guest

    Let spybot delete them and use the Immunize feature in Spybot for future
    protection.

    Michael-NC, May 16, 2004