    Anyone any ideas how to overcome this problem with SpyBot ?

    Thanks for any help.

    Moke G.
    Moke G, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Moke G

    °Mike° Guest

    SpyBot S&D sometimes has server problems, that can
    make the program appear to hang. Choose another
    server, (I find the Australian one is usually reliable),
    before downloading.

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:09:04 -0000, in
    <eF7rb.244$>
    "Moke G" < .net> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Moke G

    Moke G Guest

    OK Mike -- I'm not sure how to go about using a different server -- I use
    ntl 600k broadband internet connection.

    Moke G.

    Moke G, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Moke G

    Phil Guest

    Just to say I have had no such Problems!

    Phil, Nov 8, 2003
  5. Moke G

    °Mike° Guest

    From the SpyBot mirror drop-down menu. It usually
    defaults to "UniDo (Europe)". Once SpyBot has found
    the updates, from the drop-down, choose EON (Australia)
    *before* you press "Download updates".

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:38:29 -0000, in
    <K58rb.266$>
    "Moke G" < .net> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 8, 2003
  6. Moke G

    TRADESMAN Guest

    I have similar problems. Open spybot, and beside the server you should see a
    small arrow. X on this and a dropdown menu of different servers wiil appear.

    TRADESMAN, Nov 8, 2003
  7. Moke G

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Aren't we a lucky one? :)

    TRADESMAN, Nov 8, 2003
  8. Moke G

    Moke G Guest

    That's brilliant -- thanks very much Mike and 'Tradesman'. I changed the
    server to the Australian one and the update download was successful. As it
    happened, no new spyware was found.

    Cheers,

    Moke G.

    Moke G, Nov 8, 2003
  9. Moke G

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:29:17 -0000, in
    <8R8rb.334$>
    "Moke G" < .net> scrawled:

    >That's brilliant -- thanks very much Mike and 'Tradesman'. I
    >changed the server to the Australian one and the update
    >download was successful. As it happened, no new spyware
    >was found.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >

    >Moke G.

    <snip>