  1. John

    John Guest

    Does this means that Windows Media Player is spyware?
    John, Apr 18, 2004

  2. John

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:6ujgc.33604$...
    > Does this means that Windows Media Player is spyware?

    Heh heh heh...

    Not *exactly*, but I believe it does track your usage. Microsoft thinks they
    can provide a better online media experience for you by watching what you do
    with their program. I think that can be turned off in Media Player's
    options.

    Toolman
    Toolman Tim, Apr 18, 2004

  3. John

    trout Guest

    John wrote:

    > Does this means that Windows Media Player is spyware?

    Does it want to actually remove the program? More likely; you're
    looking at 'usage tracks', or a 'phone home' component.
    --
    "Although it's not such a bad idea."
    trout, Apr 18, 2004
  4. John

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:33:54 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:

    >> Does this means that Windows Media Player is spyware?

    > Does it want to actually remove the program? More likely; you're
    >looking at 'usage tracks', or a 'phone home' component.
    >--
    >"Although it's not such a bad idea."

    Sounds like a good idea to me, if you are saying the idea is to remove
    that over bloated peice of whatever. I mean you want to watch a movie,
    so what is all that garbage or so call decoration all around the movie
    for. I use The Classic and wouldn't you know that sometimes that damn
    windows thing butts in. I have to manually ask for the classic. I do
    open with and select and check always open with Classic and still
    sometimes that thing interferes. I refuse to use it and since the on
    line vids on the msn page wont load, the he** with it.
    joevan
    joevan, Apr 18, 2004
  5. John

    Richard Guest

    John wrote:

    > Does this means that Windows Media Player is spyware?

    The early version of wmp 9 was spyware.
    Try using a later version.

    You should be able to "Exclude" wmp from the search.
    Richard, Apr 18, 2004