    the settings to select another drive. I want to scan the D drive. Under
    settings/directories I put the D drive there but it's still only testing
    the C drive. Where can I set to scan the D drive?
    Ben, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Ben

    Harrison Guest

    It searches for installed spyware and adware components. These
    components, in order to function as designed, have to use the windows
    system in some way. Typically, this is done as a registry entry.
    Registry entries, by default, are on the C drive, therefore there is
    no need to scan other drives.

    Harrison, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On 12/23/03 4:58 PM, Harrison wrote:
    > It searches for installed spyware and adware components. These
    > components, in order to function as designed, have to use the windows
    > system in some way. Typically, this is done as a registry entry.
    > Registry entries, by default, are on the C drive, therefore there is
    > no need to scan other drives.
    >

    > On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:43:52 GMT, Ben <> wrote:
    >

    >>I have just downloaded spybot and ran the test. I don't see any where in
    >>the settings to select another drive. I want to scan the D drive. Under
    >>settings/directories I put the D drive there but it's still only testing
    >>the C drive. Where can I set to scan the D drive?

    The D drive is a backup. So if something sneaks in and gets backed up
    then I want it identified.
    Ben, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Ben

    Billh Guest

    As stated the program needs to check out a "running" version of windows for
    installed spyware. So I do not see how it will be able to check out your
    backup. Run spybot right before you do a backup and nothing can sneak in.

    Billh, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Ben

    °Mike° Guest

    Settings / Directories. Right click, and 'Add a directory to this list'.
    Choose your D: drive.

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:43:52 GMT, in
    <sG2Gb.659$>
    Ben scrawled: