Spy ware

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Peter, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi

    If I type in a wrong URL I go to this page..

    http://www.perfectnav.com/index.cfm...14E-2F90-4CCC-B954-292BC09CC380&version=1.5.0

    Dam those brassards.....

    I have tried to get rid of this adaware by using Spybot S&D and Adaware...
    so far no good WHAT else can I use...

    --
    Cheers

    Peter

    Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
    http://www.etchpad.com/

    Peter, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Peter

    Ali P Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > If I type in a wrong URL I go to this page..

    http://www.perfectnav.com/index.cfm...14E-2F90-4CCC-B954-292BC09CC380&version=1.5.0

    > Dam those brassards.....
    >

    > I have tried to get rid of this adaware by using Spybot S&D and Adaware...
    > so far no good WHAT else can I use...
    >

    > --
    > Cheers
    >
    > Peter

    > Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
    > http://www.etchpad.com/

    There's fairly detailed instructions here ...
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/perfectnav/index.phtml

    Looks like removing it will kill Kazaa though. Get yourself a spyware fee
    version of Kazaa here ...
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=kazaalite

    AL

    Ali P, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Peter

    Bb Guest

    Bb, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Peter

    Patrick Bold Guest

    This site provides directions for removing the PerfectNav objects
    installed by Kazaa (and maybe other applications).

    Patrick Bold, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Peter

    Dogg Guest

    Dogg, Jun 13, 2004