    TechTV recommends Butugly Software but can anything good come from
    a name like that..

    J McK

    John McKay, May 28, 2004

  2. I've never heard of that one, but I did hear TechTV talk about one program
    called HackThis...

    Personally, I like SpySweeper and Spybot Search and Destroy. One of those
    two is free (yes, without added Spyware). Pest Patrol is good, but doesn't
    find near the stuff the other two do.

    Linda

    NoNewz_Iz_GoodNewz, May 28, 2004

  3. John McKay

    Chris E Guest

    No, Norton will not detect spyware in the true sense of the word. It may
    detect some malware if a Heuristics feature is available, but only because
    these programs can sometimes behave virus-like. Spybot Search & Destroy is
    good, but I prefer Lavasoft's Adaware. The updates are much more frequent
    and it's a little less buggy. The best idea is to run both of them for
    double the protection. Later

    Chris

    Chris E, May 28, 2004
  4. John McKay

    Mellowed Guest

    do.<<<<
    Pest Patrol is good and it compliments the others. After you are
    satisfied that Spybot has fixed everything, run Pest Patrol (its free).
    You will probably find additional items.

    :
    : "John McKay" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > I am using Norton Antivirus 2002 for Windows XP with all the latest
    : > downloads from Symantic. I am trying to find out if this software
    : > will provide protection against Spy Ware. I have not been able to
    : > locate an answer to this question on their Webb Site.
    : > TechTV recommends Butugly Software but can anything good come from
    : > a name like that..
    : >
    : > J McK
    : >
    :
    :

    Mellowed, May 29, 2004
  5. John McKay

    Plato Guest

    John McKay wrote:

    > I am using Norton Antivirus 2002 for Windows XP with all the latest
    > downloads from Symantic. I am trying to find out if this software
    > will provide protection against Spy Ware. I have not been able to

    Spyware apps are not viruses.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 29, 2004