    "contains only 1 3D movie and 4 pairs of 3D glasses".

    No wonder it was cheaper...I'm gonna see if they'll take it back tomorrow,
    but I doubt it. What a bunch of crap.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Shinner

    Justin Guest

    Shinner wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:58:23 GMT]:
    > Saw my local convenience store had SK3D for $14.99, passed it up until I
    > could come home and check the price. Saw it was lower than pretty much
    > anywhere so I went back and got one tonight.
    >
    > Took the shrinkwrap off (no security tape on the edges), opened the case to
    > find only 1 of the 2 discs (plus the glasses). These bastards apparently
    > have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and repackaged
    > them for seperate sale. Now I took another closer look at the case and
    > found they slapped a sticker on it (under the shrinkwrap) that says
    > "contains only 1 3D movie and 4 pairs of 3D glasses".
    >
    > No wonder it was cheaper...I'm gonna see if they'll take it back tomorrow,
    > but I doubt it. What a bunch of crap.

    Now that's gotta be illegal or at least immoral.
    Justin, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Shinner

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > Saw my local convenience store had SK3D for $14.99, passed it up until I
    > could come home and check the price. Saw it was lower than pretty much
    > anywhere so I went back and got one tonight.
    >
    > Took the shrinkwrap off (no security tape on the edges), opened the case

    > find only 1 of the 2 discs (plus the glasses). These bastards apparently
    > have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and repackaged
    > them for seperate sale. Now I took another closer look at the case and
    > found they slapped a sticker on it (under the shrinkwrap) that says
    > "contains only 1 3D movie and 4 pairs of 3D glasses".
    >
    > No wonder it was cheaper...I'm gonna see if they'll take it back tomorrow,
    > but I doubt it. What a bunch of crap.

    Surely that's not a legal practice. Report them to the local authorities.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Shinner wrote:
    > Saw my local convenience store had SK3D for $14.99, passed it up until I
    > could come home and check the price. Saw it was lower than pretty much
    > anywhere so I went back and got one tonight.
    >
    > Took the shrinkwrap off (no security tape on the edges), opened the case to
    > find only 1 of the 2 discs (plus the glasses). These bastards apparently
    > have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and repackaged
    > them for seperate sale. Now I took another closer look at the case and
    > found they slapped a sticker on it (under the shrinkwrap) that says
    > "contains only 1 3D movie and 4 pairs of 3D glasses".
    >
    > No wonder it was cheaper...I'm gonna see if they'll take it back tomorrow,
    > but I doubt it. What a bunch of crap.

    Pee in a squeeze bottle and then ask to see the manager. ;-)

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Shinner

    Peter Guest

    That has to be illegal. You can't sell pieces seperately. However a
    BlockBuster near me is doing just that with Grand Theft Auto III for Xbox.
    When you buy it for Xbox, you get GTA III and GTA Vice City in a double
    pack.
    They've taken out the cardboard double pack packaging, and just stuck the
    Games in their own plastic security thingies and are selling them
    seperately. I don't think you can do that.

    Peter, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Now that's gotta be illegal or at least immoral.

    I bet they'll point to the sticker and I say I was warned.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in news:c1h06t$h0g$:

    > Surely that's not a legal practice. Report them to the local
    > authorities.

    Gonna see what they say tomorrow. Don't know the last time I took the
    shrink wrap off a DVD and there wasn't at least 1 one of those PITA
    security stickers on an edge.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  8. Shinner

    Justin Guest

    Shinner wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:26:54 GMT]:
    > Justin <> wrote in
    >

    >> Now that's gotta be illegal or at least immoral.

    > I bet they'll point to the sticker and I say I was warned.

    Yeah. Sure. Of course, rewrapping the disc to make it look new has gotta
    be some sort of misrepresentation.
    Justin, Feb 25, 2004
  9. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Yeah. Sure. Of course, rewrapping the disc to make it look new has gotta
    > be some sort of misrepresentation.

    They also sell used DVDs, but this stack obviously weren't "used" on
    release day. Before I stop at this particular location, I'll go to another
    one in town and see if they have the same setup. See if it's company wide
    or just and enterprising store manager.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  10. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in

    > That has to be illegal. You can't sell pieces seperately. However a
    > BlockBuster near me is doing just that with Grand Theft Auto III for
    > Xbox. When you buy it for Xbox, you get GTA III and GTA Vice City in a
    > double pack.
    > They've taken out the cardboard double pack packaging, and just stuck
    > the Games in their own plastic security thingies and are selling them
    > seperately. I don't think you can do that.

    What I can't figure out is where they're getting the extra DVD cases with
    sleeve. If they're selling some with a sticker that says "1 3D Movie Only"
    and others with a sticker that says "1 2D Movie Only" (which this location
    didn't have any of), they have to be getting cases and the printed inserts
    for the outer sleeve. They're not some cheap knockoffs printed on an
    inkjet. I have a feeling this is being done frnachise-wide and not a local
    (or single store) rip-off.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  11. I think what they did had to be illegal in some way. You expected to get
    the item as advertised by the studio. BTW, I got it for 14.88 at Walmart
    and it had both discs.

    Mine also had the security tape on the side.

    Call the number on the one disc you have and report them before you go
    back and demand your money back.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Feb 25, 2004
  12. On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:11:23 GMT, Justin <> wrote:

    >> These bastards apparently
    >> have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and repackaged
    >> them for seperate sale.

    >Now that's gotta be illegal or at least immoral.

    Those 2-D version discs are "not labelled for individual sale."

    --
    Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.
    Scott in Aztlán, Feb 25, 2004
  13. In article <%oU_b.16$>,
    Peter <> wrote:

    > That has to be illegal. You can't sell pieces seperately. However a
    > BlockBuster near me is doing just that with Grand Theft Auto III for Xbox.
    > When you buy it for Xbox, you get GTA III and GTA Vice City in a double
    > pack.
    > They've taken out the cardboard double pack packaging, and just stuck the
    > Games in their own plastic security thingies and are selling them
    > seperately. I don't think you can do that.

    You can, from a *legal* standpoint. It's your product, you can part it
    out however you like. (Convenience stores are famous for it, breaking
    apart the cigarette promos they get from the salesdrones)

    However, such practice *may* be prohibited by marketing agreements,
    etc. But that's not a matter where the consumer has any say, it's
    strictly between the retailer and their distributor.

    Derek Balling, Feb 25, 2004
  14. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Michael Rogers <> wrote in

    > I think what they did had to be illegal in some way. You expected to
    > get the item as advertised by the studio. BTW, I got it for 14.88 at
    > Walmart and it had both discs.
    > Mine also had the security tape on the side.

    Will have to check Walmart today....somehow they never have the cheap price
    as reported here though.

    > Call the number on the one disc you have and report them before you go
    > back and demand your money back.

    Too late, took it back this morning after I dropped my kids off at school.
    They took it back but called the store manager first.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  15. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Scott in Aztlán <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:11:23 GMT, Justin <> wrote:
    >
    >>> These bastards apparently
    >>> have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and
    >>> repackaged them for seperate sale.

    >>Now that's gotta be illegal or at least immoral.

    > Those 2-D version discs are "not labelled for individual sale."

    I went to a different location this morning before trying to return the
    disc to the one I bought from. They had the same setup. But both stores had
    them with the 3D version only, none had a 2D version repackaged.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  16. Shinner

    Justin Guest

    Shinner wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:34:37 GMT]:
    > Michael Rogers <> wrote in
    >
    >> I think what they did had to be illegal in some way. You expected to
    >> get the item as advertised by the studio. BTW, I got it for 14.88 at
    >> Walmart and it had both discs.
    >> Mine also had the security tape on the side.

    > Will have to check Walmart today....somehow they never have the cheap price
    > as reported here though.
    >
    >> Call the number on the one disc you have and report them before you go
    >> back and demand your money back.

    > Too late, took it back this morning after I dropped my kids off at school.
    > They took it back but called the store manager first.

    Did you ask the manager why they were ripping people off like this?

    And what's the chain?
    Justin, Feb 25, 2004
  17. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Did you ask the manager why they were ripping people off like this?

    Manager wasn't there and didn't ask to talk to me...I could have asked to
    talk to him but all I really wanted was my money back.

    > And what's the chain?

    Turkey Hill Minit Market, which is based in Central PA. www.turkeyhill.com
    is their website I believe.
    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  18. Shinner

    unclejr Guest

    Shinner <> wrote...
    > I went to a different location this morning before trying to return the
    > disc to the one I bought from. They had the same setup. But both stores had
    > them with the 3D version only, none had a 2D version repackaged.

    Now all you need to do is buy the "doesn't suck" version. :O)

    -Junior
    unclejr, Feb 26, 2004
  19. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    (unclejr) wrote in

    > Shinner <> wrote...
    >> I went to a different location this morning before trying to return
    >> the disc to the one I bought from. They had the same setup. But both
    >> stores had them with the 3D version only, none had a 2D version
    >> repackaged.

    > Now all you need to do is buy the "doesn't suck" version. :O)

    Impossible! Only got it for the kids so they'd have all 3 movies. But now
    it's taken back and I won't buy it again unless I find it very cheap.
    Shinner, Feb 26, 2004
  20. "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    | Saw my local convenience store had SK3D for $14.99, passed it up until I
    | could come home and check the price. Saw it was lower than pretty much
    | anywhere so I went back and got one tonight.
    |
    | Took the shrinkwrap off (no security tape on the edges), opened the case
    | find only 1 of the 2 discs (plus the glasses). These bastards apparently
    | have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and repackaged
    | them for seperate sale. Now I took another closer look at the case and
    | found they slapped a sticker on it (under the shrinkwrap) that says
    | "contains only 1 3D movie and 4 pairs of 3D glasses".
    |
    | No wonder it was cheaper...I'm gonna see if they'll take it back tomorrow,
    | but I doubt it. What a bunch of crap.

    Wal*Mart has the full thing for $15.87

    JaF
    Just a friend, Feb 26, 2004