    Same exact sticker as on the package I found up here in PA. So, I guess it
    wasn't the local convenience store behind it afterall. Weird. I'd like to
    know who's responsible for it though.
    Shinner, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Shinner

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94BF9A671CB3Fmyemailsomeservercom@216.40.28.76...
    > Back when SK3D was released, I posted a message about my local convenience
    > mart apparently repackaging the release and selling "3D only" single disc
    > editions...well, I was just down in Atlanta working and stopped in a used
    > CD/DVD store I always hit when in town.
    >
    > They had plenty of used copies of SK3D and sure enough, 3 or 4 of them

    were
    > labeled "this package contains only the 3D version and 4 sets of glasses".
    > Same exact sticker as on the package I found up here in PA. So, I guess it
    > wasn't the local convenience store behind it afterall. Weird. I'd like to
    > know who's responsible for it though.

    I'm sure you wouldn't know this from just having looked at the packaging,
    but I wonder if the SKUs (the code the manufacturer or retailer uses to keep
    track of inventory) are the same or different? If they're the same, that
    means someone repackaged them after they left the factory. If they're
    different, then it's probably intentionally packaged and distributed that
    way, maybe for a niche retail market (like convenience stores).

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Shinner

    Wade365 Guest

    Either way, the movie was so-so compared to the first two and the 3D was
    headache-inducing.
    Wade365, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in news:c4ki5d$4ad$:

    > I'm sure you wouldn't know this from just having looked at the
    > packaging, but I wonder if the SKUs (the code the manufacturer or
    > retailer uses to keep track of inventory) are the same or different?
    > If they're the same, that means someone repackaged them after they
    > left the factory. If they're different, then it's probably
    > intentionally packaged and distributed that way, maybe for a niche
    > retail market (like convenience stores).

    Could be...I didn't note any sku numbers, I was just happy to get my money
    back when I bought it on release day.
    Shinner, Apr 3, 2004