    Can anybody tell me how to get rid of these without manually editing the
    registry? I'd leave THAT as the last resort.

    TIA -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Peter Huebner wrote:
    > My Win98 sucked the kumara last week and after some unsuccessful
    > doctoring around I did a reinstall today. Mostly went fine apart from
    > the NIC being disabled (?!) but that was easy to fix.
    >
    > Now, in 'My Computer' I suddenly have a bunch of 'removable drives'
    > listed that don't exist.
    > Seems it took over some of the old entries I installed over, munged
    > them and kept them as drive letters K...S. I don't really need this.
    >
    > Can anybody tell me how to get rid of these without manually editing
    > the registry? I'd leave THAT as the last resort.

    Have you checked device manager to see if they are still installed? If they
    are, you can remove them.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 6, 2003

  3. In article <blscag$2q5$>, says...
    > Peter Huebner wrote:
    > > My Win98 sucked the kumara last week and after some unsuccessful
    > > doctoring around I did a reinstall today. Mostly went fine apart from
    > > the NIC being disabled (?!) but that was easy to fix.
    > >
    > > Now, in 'My Computer' I suddenly have a bunch of 'removable drives'
    > > listed that don't exist.
    > > Seems it took over some of the old entries I installed over, munged
    > > them and kept them as drive letters K...S. I don't really need this.
    > >
    > > Can anybody tell me how to get rid of these without manually editing
    > > the registry? I'd leave THAT as the last resort.

    > Have you checked device manager to see if they are still installed? If they
    > are, you can remove them.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    No, they don't show in device manager. They only show in 'My Computer'.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Peter Huebner

    Dogg Guest

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:52:35 +1300, Peter Huebner
    <> wrote:

    >No, they don't show in device manager. They only show in 'My Computer'.

    General Win98 gayness. It's always best to format your HD as opposed
    to installing over the top of the current install.

    Dogg, Oct 7, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:52:35 +1300, Peter Huebner
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >No, they don't show in device manager. They only show in 'My Computer'.
    > >

    > General Win98 gayness. It's always best to format your HD as opposed
    > to installing over the top of the current install.

    Except it would be a nightmare trying to track down and reregister all my
    Delphi components so I could keep my current source code operational ...
    Being the stupid ass I am I didn't hardcopy-log all the components I used
    in some of my projects.

    I'd rather fix Win98 <sigh>.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Peter Huebner

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Peter Huebner" wrote
    > Being the stupid ass I am I didn't hardcopy-log all the components I used
    > in some of my projects.

    And no backups prior to the problem? doh... you have certainly learned your
    lesson.

    T.N.O., Oct 7, 2003