    (system subsection) every time I reboot my PC.
    Any way to remove it?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Don't think I have ever encountered that one. Here's a link that might
    provide a pointer:

    http://www.kkaf.net/sptdfix.htm

    it mentions an error in sptd.sys that is triggered by 'daemon tools' - rings
    a bell?

    Tony. . .

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > I get this SPTD internal structure data error (event 4) on the event

    viewer

    Tony Sperling, Jul 18, 2006

  3. Removing the PC is not advisable.

    See (among many other links found by Google)
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/sptd.sys.html
    Apparently you have Daemon Tools installed.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    I have the latest Daemon Tools installed - no errors at all showing in Event
    Viewer.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane C, Jul 18, 2006
  5. Tony:
    Will check that site tonite.
    I don't have (and didn't have) Daemon Tools installed in my machine.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006
  6. Jane:
    There ain't no Daemon Tools in my machine.
    Will keep investigating.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006
  7. Colin:
    I will follow your advice and not remove my PC :)
    The thing here is that I don't have (and didn't have) Daemon Tools installed
    in my machine.
    Funny, uh?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006
  8. Alcohol 120 or some such? SPTD is not a standard part of the install, but an
    add-on that several DVD programs use.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 18, 2006
  9. I guess I'll have to figure out what or who installed SPTD on my PC because
    Alcohol 120% is not there.
    By what I mean: program
    By who I mean: my kid or any of his friends while I am absent.
    I might just well try to install the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools
    (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5) and
    see if that fixes it.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006
  10. Yes, I'd do that. If you actually see it in Add/Remove, I'd first remove the
    old one, though, just in case.

    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel, Jul 19, 2006
  11. Charlie:
    It doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    "Add" and "Remove" are just command-line options (no "/", no "-" needed) for
    the exe program.
    I tried the "remove" option which in fact did remove the program but also
    brought again the sptd error (different error #) in event viewer on the next
    reboot.
    So I decided to "add" it again and live happily ever after (at least until
    the next fresh install).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 19, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    USGrant

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I have downloaded and installed the new version 1.56 from duplexsecure.com.

    It is free and it fixes -- on my system at least -- these sptd.sys errors. The old file caused many crashes with Firefox.

    I have an old install of Alcohol 120, though I never use it.

    USGrant, Jan 24, 2009