    The boogie one was 1.24
    One of these days I'll try removing it with "sptdinst_x64.exe remove"
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Did you also uncover why it was complaining about something that wasn't
    installed in the first place? (or shouldn't be)

    Tony. . .

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > I finally installed the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools
    > (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5)

    and

    Tony Sperling, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Tony:
    It was somehow installed but v1.25 didn't agree with it (it said it wasn't
    installed).
    So, I decided to install it (with the "add" command line option).
    No more red marks on event viewer.
    As a matter of fact I'm trying to solve why my XP x64 waits for almost one
    minute to display all (not many) of the systray icons.
    Disk activity is high but there is this cumbersome delay that I want to work
    out.
    I also solved two DCOM red marks in event viewer and disabled PDsched and
    PDengine (from Raxco perfectdisk) with no improvement in boot speed.
    I am now with a "no event viewer problem PC", high disk activity high boot PC.
    BTW, boot drive is WD200GB SATA2 with latest SATA controllers from NVidia.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 19, 2006
  4. If theSATA driver loads some kind of control/setup applet at boot-time, you
    might try and disable that, and keep it as a menu option only. I had one of
    those that came with my Maxtor or the SiS chip (don't remember), took quite
    some time to load. Or one of those 'buggers' are calling up something on the
    Internet?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 19, 2006
  5. As a matter of fact the boot process "waits" that eternal minute showing the
    remove hardware icon on the systray.
    The same one that "suggests" you to remove your SATA drives.
    Nothing removable is connected at boot time, though.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 19, 2006
  6. Unless, perhaps the drive has a 'HotSwap' built-in functionality?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 19, 2006
  7. One last thing...
    The "sptdinst_x64.exe remove" thing does remove the driver but brings back
    one error in event viewer (different number this time).
    So I humbly reinstalled it with "sptdinst_x64.exe add"
    Seems we'll have to live together until the nextr fresh x64 install.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 19, 2006