  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Barry L. Wallis, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > I submit for your viewing pleasure these full-color photos I took today
    > on my lunch hour.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/58476665
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/58474008
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/58476555
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/58476666
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/58476556

    Frak... I wish I had a spare nut to sell to get some good glass for my
    DRebel.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0615-0, 04/08/2006
    Tested on: 4/10/2006 8:34:49 PM

    Matt Ion, Apr 11, 2006
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >Frak... I wish I had a spare nut to sell to get some good glass for my
    >DRebel.

    That's why you buy the best first and then you don't have to worry
    about upgrading.

    Having said that, I'm sure your equipment is up to the task, assuming
    it's Canon gear.
    So what lenses do you currently have?

    Annika1980, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    cgipro Guest

    cgipro, Apr 11, 2006
  6. Annika1980

    Robert Barr Guest

    Robert Barr, Apr 11, 2006
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >We want cheerleaders. Surely they're out and about in springtime?

    I saw a few today, but they haven't bloomed yet.

    Annika1980, Apr 11, 2006
  8. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    >>Frak... I wish I had a spare nut to sell to get some good glass for my
    >>DRebel.

    > That's why you buy the best first and then you don't have to worry
    > about upgrading.

    If I'd bought a good lens first, I never woulda afforded the camera.
    Doesn't work so well that way :)

    > Having said that, I'm sure your equipment is up to the task, assuming
    > it's Canon gear.
    > So what lenses do you currently have?

    Kit 18-55mm EF-S, older 75-300mm EF. The long lens I got at the same
    time I bought my original Rebel G. It never has seemed particularly
    sharp. Certainly not up to the clarity of the little Tamron 70-210 I
    used to have for my Minolta X-700 years ago.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0615-2, 04/12/2006
    Tested on: 4/12/2006 3:58:57 PM

    Matt Ion, Apr 12, 2006
  9. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    >>We want cheerleaders. Surely they're out and about in springtime?

    > I saw a few today, but they haven't bloomed yet.

    Yeah, problem with that is, ya gotta wait a few more years for them to
    bloom... and reach legal age ;)

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0615-2, 04/12/2006
    Tested on: 4/12/2006 3:59:38 PM

    Matt Ion, Apr 12, 2006
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >> I saw a few today, but they haven't bloomed yet.

    >Yeah, problem with that is, ya gotta wait a few more years for them to
    >bloom... and reach legal age ;)

    As we say in the South, "If there's grass on the field, play ball!"

    Annika1980, Apr 13, 2006
  11. Annika1980

    Dave Devine Guest

    Dave Devine, Apr 13, 2006
  12. Annika1980

    Nick Fotis Guest

    I wonder, you did the telephoto shots handheld?
    1/250" sounds a bit low to me without at least a monopod.

    Cheers,
    N.F.

    Nick Fotis, Apr 15, 2006
  13. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >I wonder, you did the telephoto shots handheld?
    >1/250" sounds a bit low to me without at least a monopod.

    You must have the shakes.
    All of those shots were sans monopod or tripod.
    I have a monopod that I use sometimes for sports, but I find it
    cumbersome to use when shooting out the car window as I did for my
    robin pics.

    Annika1980, Apr 15, 2006
  14. Annika1980

    Nick Fotis Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    >>I wonder, you did the telephoto shots handheld?
    >>1/250" sounds a bit low to me without at least a monopod.

    > You must have the shakes.

    Probably I'm just too spoiled by my 70-200/2.8L IS ;-)

    I usually have very stable handling, but not on light equipment (probably I
    am used too much on using the 1v+70-200, and my hands tend to
    overcompensate for light camera/lens pairs).

    I had a real problem trying to keep steady a friend's Nikon D70 with a Sigma
    70-300 at full zoom (OK, that's like shooting at 450mm instead of my
    70-200+1.4tc on my film camera). Maybe if my hands would get used to this
    light weight I would be able to keep this combination steady.

    > cumbersome to use when shooting out the car window as I did for my
    > robin pics.

    You didn't use the car window as a lens support, by the way?

    I am seriously thinking about ordering the 400/5.6L, I would like to see an
    IS version though (never mind guessing its cost...)

    Regards from sunny Athens,
    N.F.

    Nick Fotis, Apr 15, 2006
  15. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >You didn't use the car window as a lens support, by the way?

    No. Usually, I turn off the motor and brace myself against the window,
    but I've been having car trouble so I didn't wanna turn off the motor.
    What I really need is a beanbag for all my roadkill shots.

    Annika1980, Apr 16, 2006