    taking pics.
    So I stayed home instead practicing macro shots and recording the
    thunder on my minidisc recorder. During the storm I got this pic:

    Annika1980, May 8, 2006

  2. Annika1980 wrote:
    > Well sports fans, a stormy Sunday today..... not a nice day to be out
    > taking pics.
    > So I stayed home instead practicing macro shots and recording the
    > thunder on my minidisc recorder. During the storm I got this pic:

    The way you got the dripping water and the squirrel together is
    incredible. Were you lucky or patient?

    --
    - Barry
    Barry L. Wallis, May 9, 2006

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >The way you got the dripping water and the squirrel together is
    >incredible. Were you lucky or patient?

    It took me about ten shots to get the water in the shot.
    I was lucky the squirrel was so patient. He'd duck back inside and I'd
    have to call him out when the next drop was about to fall. After I saw
    this pic on the camera's LCD, I went back inside cause I knew I had
    exactly what I went out there for.
    Then I reached for the Crosman......
    Annika1980, May 9, 2006
  4. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    >> The way you got the dripping water and the squirrel together is
    >> incredible. Were you lucky or patient?

    > It took me about ten shots to get the water in the shot.
    > I was lucky the squirrel was so patient. He'd duck back inside and
    > I'd have to call him out when the next drop was about to fall. After
    > I saw this pic on the camera's LCD, I went back inside cause I knew I
    > had exactly what I went out there for.
    > Then I reached for the Crosman......

    Yall in Tennessee hunt wit BB guns??
    Mark², May 9, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    fishfry Guest

    In article <>,
    "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > Well sports fans, a stormy Sunday today..... not a nice day to be out
    > taking pics.
    > So I stayed home instead practicing macro shots and recording the
    > thunder on my minidisc recorder. During the storm I got this pic:

    Nice shot ... to me it seemed a little dark. As an experiment I opened
    it in Photoshop and hit "auto levels." It made the photo a lot more
    dramatic, at least on my monitor.
    fishfry, May 9, 2006
  6. Annika1980 wrote:

    >>The way you got the dripping water and the squirrel together is
    >>incredible. Were you lucky or patient?

    > It took me about ten shots to get the water in the shot.
    > I was lucky the squirrel was so patient. He'd duck back inside and I'd
    > have to call him out when the next drop was about to fall. After I saw
    > this pic on the camera's LCD, I went back inside cause I knew I had
    > exactly what I went out there for.
    > Then I reached for the Crosman......

    Why am I not surprised that you can do squirrel calls? :)

    --
    - Barry
    Barry L. Wallis, May 10, 2006
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    > Then I reached for the Crosman......

    >Why am I not surprised that you can do squirrel calls? :)

    In Tennessee we learn that in first grade. Otherwise, a feller could
    starve to death!
    Annika1980, May 10, 2006
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >> Then I reached for the Crosman......

    >Yall in Tennessee hunt wit BB guns??

    Hell yeah, California boy ... don't you know nothin?
    A 30-aught-6 tears em up too bad.
    Annika1980, May 10, 2006
  9. Annika1980 wrote:
    >> Then I reached for the Crosman......

    >> Why am I not surprised that you can do squirrel calls? :)

    > In Tennessee we learn that in first grade. Otherwise, a feller could
    > starve to death!

    'Ceptin' in tha big cities, and round Lookout Mountane whar thar's 'nuf
    cars 'n' roads ta supply lotsa roadkill.....

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, May 10, 2006
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > >> Then I reached for the Crosman......

    > >> Why am I not surprised that you can do squirrel calls? :)

    > > In Tennessee we learn that in first grade. Otherwise, a feller could
    > > starve to death!
    > >

    > 'Ceptin' in tha big cities, and round Lookout Mountane whar thar's 'nuf
    > cars 'n' roads ta supply lotsa roadkill.....

    Yeah, but them damn buzzards always get the good ones!
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/24097710
    Annika1980, May 10, 2006
  11. Annika1980

    Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Well sports fans, a stormy Sunday today..... not a nice day to be out
    > taking pics.
    > So I stayed home instead practicing macro shots and recording the
    > thunder on my minidisc recorder. During the storm I got this pic:

    Although your thread titles are a bit irritating I can't help but click
    on them time and time again.... As always, an interesting concept,
    image captured beautifully; thanks.
    , May 10, 2006
  12. Annika1980 wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:

    >>>In Tennessee we learn that in first grade. Otherwise, a feller could
    >>>starve to death!
    >>>

    >>'Ceptin' in tha big cities, and round Lookout Mountane whar thar's 'nuf
    >>cars 'n' roads ta supply lotsa roadkill.....

    > Yeah, but them damn buzzards always get the good ones!
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/24097710

    That's one thing we know how to grow in California:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/144352981/

    --
    - Barry
    Barry L. Wallis, May 11, 2006
  13. Annika1980

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>> Then I reached for the Crosman......

    >>Yall in Tennessee hunt wit BB guns??

    > Hell yeah, California boy ... don't you know nothin?
    > A 30-aught-6 tears em up too bad.

    Hah -- a "30-aught-6" will leave nothing to even look for !!

    Around our house, you don't have to do squirrel calls -- just
    rattle a handful of peanuts and they show up right outside the
    window on the tree branch.

    mikey
    Mike Fields, May 11, 2006
  14. Annika1980

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Barry L. Wallis" <> wrote in message
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >> John McWilliams wrote:

    >>>'Ceptin' in tha big cities, and round Lookout Mountane whar thar's
    >>>'nuf
    >>>cars 'n' roads ta supply lotsa roadkill.....

    >> Yeah, but them damn buzzards always get the good ones!
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/24097710
    >>

    > That's one thing we know how to grow in California:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/144352981/
    >
    > --
    > - Barry

    Those things are actually pretty cute ... when they are
    facing the OTHER way ;-)

    mikey
    Mike Fields, May 11, 2006
  15. Mike Fields wrote:

    > "Barry L. Wallis" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Annika1980 wrote:

    >>> Yeah, but them damn buzzards always get the good ones!
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/24097710
    >>>

    >> That's one thing we know how to grow in California:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/144352981/
    >>
    >> --
    >> - Barry

    > Those things are actually pretty cute ... when they are
    > facing the OTHER way ;-)

    I think they're cuter facing this way:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/144383699/

    --
    - Barry
    Barry L. Wallis, May 11, 2006
  16. Annika1980

    > Mike Fields wrote:
    >>
    >> "Barry L. Wallis" <> wrote in message

    >>> That's one thing we know how to grow in California:
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/144352981/
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> - Barry

    >> Those things are actually pretty cute ... when they are
    >> facing the OTHER way ;-)

    > I think they're cuter facing this way:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/144383699/
    >
    > --
    > - Barry

    Hmmm - maybe they don't have a cute side !
    (great pix though)

    mikey
    Mike Fields, May 12, 2006