Spring Clean-Out among some accumulated Mental Dustballs. . .

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Tony Sperling, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. I was wondering. . .what kind of network (in terms of Hard and Software
    both) would you have to set up to have a Joystick on a gameport on a
    separate machine to be working with FS installed and flying on XP x64
    (which, of course, doesn't have any game-port subsystem support), I know it
    cannot work as a share on a local network, but I have heard of people with
    less powerfull machines running demanding games on the Boss's powerhouse [
    which isn't doing anything much, of course. . :0) ( I am doubling as the
    Boss, myself) ] and have it display on your workstation? Things like that
    makes me believe that it should be possible to access valuable remote
    resources in some roundabout way that isn't otherwise supported.

    Is it???

    I also found that I can double-click a setup file on a remote machine and it
    installs to where you are calling it - I thought it couldn't do that on a
    local network - but if I try and fire up FS in that manner, it terminates
    with an 'out of memory' error message. What is the difference? Is it a
    bandwidth limitation?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 3, 2007