    to prevent inkjet image and color degradation over time? Are there
    research sites on this?

    George M.
    gmartins, Dec 1, 2003

  2. gmartins

    Mark Weaver Guest

    I don't know about studies, but I've been using UV photo lacquer spray on
    glossy prints from an Epson dye-based photo printer (875). No visible
    degradation on the ones I have hanging up, and they've been there for
    getting close to two years for some of them.

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Dec 1, 2003

  3. In article <>, weaver@nospam-
    corvusdev.com says...
    > I don't know about studies, but I've been using UV photo lacquer spray on
    > glossy prints from an Epson dye-based photo printer (875). No visible
    > degradation on the ones I have hanging up, and they've been there for
    > getting close to two years for some of them.
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > "gmartins" <> wrote in message
    > > To cut down on objectionable reflections from regular glass, reduce
    > > large frame weight, avoid nonglare glass, and enjoy vivid colors I
    > > used ImageShield spray from Lumijet on a recent photo matted,
    > > glassless framed and hung on the wall. I will watch to see if the
    > > inkjet colors fade over months ahead. Can sprays substitute for glass
    > > to prevent inkjet image and color degradation over time? Are there
    > > research sites on this?
    > >
    > > George M.

    UV filtering isn't the only thing glass provides. Eventually your prints
    will get coated with airborne dust and grease. This will be difficult
    or impossible to remove from the print.
    Spraying is probably not a bad idea, in general. It makes prints last
    longer and makes removing finger prints easier when they are handled.

    --
    Robert D Feinman

    Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
    http://robertdfeinman.com
    Robert Feinman, Dec 2, 2003
  4. gmartins

    Mark Weaver Guest

    "Robert Feinman" <> wrote in message

    > UV filtering isn't the only thing glass provides. Eventually your prints
    > will get coated with airborne dust and grease. This will be difficult
    > or impossible to remove from the print.
    > Spraying is probably not a bad idea, in general. It makes prints last
    > longer and makes removing finger prints easier when they are handled.

    Oh, I know that UV filtering isn't the only issue. In fact, with Epson
    dye-based prints, the UV-resistance is supposed to be very good -- it's
    atmospheric gases (ozone possibly) that seems more an issue. But sprays
    ought to help protect against that as well (seems to be working for me,
    anyway).

    Mark
    Mark Weaver, Dec 2, 2003
  5. gmartins

    Ted Johnson Guest

    Wilhelm Imaging Research has done tests on prints coated with Premier Print
    Guard and found it effective.

    Regards,
    <TED>

    Ted Johnson, Dec 3, 2003