    Any experience with either of these? likes or dislikes?

    What lense or flash packages do you use? Any good third party suppliers for
    equipment?
    J. Chris Tilton, Apr 21, 2004

  2. J. Chris Tilton

    Robertwgross Guest

    J. Chris wrote:
    >I do sports photography the year around. Both indoor and outdoor. And am
    >comparing a canon rebel vs. a nikon d70 digital camera.

    A Canon Rebel is a film camera. A Canon Digital Rebel is a digital camera, so
    it would be better to compare to a Nikon D70.

    ---Bob Gross---
    Robertwgross, Apr 21, 2004

  3. J. Chris Tilton

    Ed E. Guest

    > I do sports photography the year around. Both indoor and outdoor. And am
    > comparing a canon rebel vs. a nikon d70 digital camera.
    >
    > Any experience with either of these? likes or dislikes?
    >
    > What lense or flash packages do you use? Any good third party suppliers

    for
    > equipment?

    It depends more on the lenses that you intend on using. Of the two, the D70
    has the edge for sports work as Canon made the AI Servo Focus "automatic."
    Unless you go into Sports mode and give up RAW, it's not very predictable
    when it'll track the subject or not.
    Ed E., Apr 21, 2004
  4. > Of the two, the D70
    > has the edge for sports work as Canon made the AI Servo Focus "automatic."
    > Unless you go into Sports mode and give up RAW, it's not very predictable
    > when it'll track the subject or not.

    I have a DRebel and must agree with Ed. I don't do sports but do like to
    capture birds in flight. The DRebel is not the best choice now that the D70
    is available. However, I'm not bashing the camera as it works great for
    most shots.
    Charles Schuler, Apr 21, 2004
  5. >I do sports photography the year around. Both indoor and outdoor. And am
    >comparing a canon rebel vs. a nikon d70 digital camera.

    The D70 can shooting continuously more images in a given amount of time.
    That might be useful with sports.

    -Michael
    Michael Schnell, Apr 21, 2004
  6. "J. Chris Tilton" <> wrote in message news:<c669rs$f7a$-nexis.com>...
    > I do sports photography the year around. Both indoor and outdoor. And am
    > comparing a canon rebel vs. a nikon d70 digital camera.
    >
    > Any experience with either of these? likes or dislikes?
    >
    > What lense or flash packages do you use? Any good third party suppliers for
    > equipment?

    The D70 could be ok if you don't mind the low MP, the 300D is out for
    low MP, a tenny tiny buffer, no usable RAW mode, and impossible AF
    system.
    George Preddy, Apr 22, 2004
  7. J. Chris Tilton

    jriegle Guest

    I own the dRebel, but given the specs of the D70, mainly the bigger, faster
    buffer, it would lend itself to action photography better than the dRebel.

    In Canon's favor, consider more lenses with USM motors than does Nikon has
    SW motors and Canon has the edge in IS lenses. Don't knock IS or Vibration
    Reduction technology until you have tried it! Canon will probably have an
    answer this year to the D70 which would probably be, unfortunately, lowering
    the price of the dRebel.
    John

    jriegle, Apr 22, 2004