Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Greg House, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. Greg House

    Greg House Guest

    Greg House, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Greg House

    BrianM Guest

    BrianM, Aug 15, 2007

  3. Greg House

    bharmer Guest

    On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:
    >

    >> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
    >> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
    >>
    >> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9758741-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

    >Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

    I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    OT.

    Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
    thing.

    But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
    remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
    really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
    presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
    with the public service of posting such things.

    Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
    interested me for a while :)

    bharmer, Aug 15, 2007
  4. Greg House

    Enkidu Guest

    bharmer wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:
    >>

    >>> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
    >>> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
    >>>
    >>> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9758741-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

    >> Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

    > I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    > pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    > posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    > minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    > OT.
    >
    > Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
    > thing.
    >
    > But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
    > remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
    > really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
    > presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
    > with the public service of posting such things.
    >
    > Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
    > interested me for a while :)

    Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
    posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
    because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
    their kilobytes of rants?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    'hilarious', it usually isn't?

    Enkidu, Aug 15, 2007
  5. Greg House

    bharmer Guest

    On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <>
    wrote:

    >bharmer wrote:

    >>> Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

    >> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    >> pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    >> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    >> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    >> OT.
    >>
    >> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
    >> thing.
    >>
    >> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
    >> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
    >> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
    >> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
    >> with the public service of posting such things.
    >>
    >> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
    >> interested me for a while :)
    > >

    >Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
    >posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
    >because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
    >their kilobytes of rants?

    I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
    shit in the group.

    bharmer, Aug 15, 2007
  6. Greg House

    JohnO Guest

    On Aug 15, 10:17 pm, bharmer <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <> wrote:
    > >On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:

    > >> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
    > >> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.

    > >>http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9758741-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&ta...

    > >Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

    > I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    > pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    > posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    > minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    > OT.
    >
    > Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
    > thing.
    >
    > But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
    > remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
    > really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
    > presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
    > with the public service of posting such things.
    >
    > Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
    > interested me for a while :)

    Well, I thought it was OT but interesting, so better than most posts
    you see here!

    JohnO, Aug 15, 2007
  7. Greg House

    Brian Dooley Guest

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:39:23 +1200, bharmer
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>bharmer wrote:

    >>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    >>> pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    >>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    >>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    >>> OT.
    >>>
    >>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
    >>> thing.
    >>>
    >>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
    >>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
    >>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
    >>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
    >>> with the public service of posting such things.
    >>>
    >>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
    >>> interested me for a while :)
    >> >

    >>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
    >>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
    >>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
    >>their kilobytes of rants?

    >I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
    >shit in the group.

    An all the cross-posting, mainly to/from Oz.
    --

    Brian Dooley

    Wellington New Zealand

    Brian Dooley, Aug 16, 2007
  8. Greg House

    Yeah Right Guest

    On , , Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:39:23 +1200, Re: Sport airplane wins
    NASA challenge, bharmer <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>bharmer wrote:

    >>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    >>> pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    >>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    >>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    >>> OT.
    >>>
    >>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
    >>> thing.
    >>>
    >>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
    >>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
    >>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
    >>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
    >>> with the public service of posting such things.
    >>>
    >>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
    >>> interested me for a while :)
    >> >

    >>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
    >>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
    >>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
    >>their kilobytes of rants?

    >I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
    >shit in the group.

    Arguing with spammers and sporgers only excites them and they
    know there is someone there and they are annoyed. They then try
    even harder with their spam.

    Yeah Right, Aug 17, 2007
  9. Greg House

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2007-08-15, bharmer <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <> wrote:
    >>
    >>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

    > I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    > pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    > posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    > minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    > OT.

    this crap does not belong in nz.comp

    Jasen Betts, Sep 9, 2007
  10. Greg House

    bharmer Guest

    On 9 Sep 2007 10:51:42 GMT, Jasen Betts <> wrote:

    >On 2007-08-15, bharmer <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

    >> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
    >> pissed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
    >> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
    >> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
    >> OT.

    >this crap does not belong in nz.comp

    slow response time on your system huh?

    bharmer, Sep 10, 2007
  11. Greg House

    bharmer Guest

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:57:41 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >bharmer wrote:

    >> > this crap does not belong in nz.comp

    >> slow response time on your system huh?

    >Please remove nz.comp from the newsgroup list when replying to this inane
    >dribble. *Especially* when it's been requested. In fact, a reply in nz.comp
    >wasn't warranted.
    >
    >Thank you.

    Get stuffed. If you want cooperation you need better manners than
    that.

    bharmer, Sep 11, 2007