    I am running Win XP.

    Many thanks
    Regards...

    Won Dampchin, Nov 23, 2007

  2. Won Dampchin

    SwissTony Guest

    "Won Dampchin" <TuDampchin@myrealbox_dont*like*spam_.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have lost my installed printer, and cannot reinstall it because my
    >"spooler service" is not running. Please advise how I can turn it back on.
    >I am running Win XP.
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Regards...

    Start
    Run
    Type services.msc
    Click ok
    Scroll down to print spooler.
    Right click the entry
    Click restart.

    Check that its startup type is set to automatic as well
    Right click the entry for print spooler
    Click Properties
    Select Automatic in the Startup type dropdown box.
    Click apply
    Click ok.

    SwissTony, Nov 23, 2007

  3. Won Dampchin

    SwissTony Guest

    SwissTony, Nov 23, 2007
  4. Won Dampchin

    rgswoohoo

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    This is exactley what I needed ... thanks for sharing !!!

    rgswoohoo, Aug 4, 2011
  5. Won Dampchin

    TwinkleIreland

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    In addition, for that to work for me, I had to go to my C Drive Windows Folder, then the System32 Folder- then the Spool Folder -then the Printers folder. I deleted the contents of the printers folder (which looked like a whole heap of failed printer attempts from yesterday). I then re-started print spooler by running services.msc. Now I am back to printing normally. Hurray.:congrats:

    TwinkleIreland, Aug 19, 2012
  6. Won Dampchin

    Kastro57

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    The menu pops-up and disappears in a second, then error pops-up: "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
    How can this be resolved?

    Kastro57, Apr 11, 2013