    Thanks

    Rab

    UK.
    Rab, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Rab

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Rab

    °Mike° Guest

    It's that part of the operating system which deals with
    "spooling" of print jobs.

    On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:17:22 -0000, in
    <>
    Rab scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Rab

    Rab Guest

    "Rab" <> wrote in message
    > Can anybody tell what spool 32 stands for? Occasionally I get this come up
    > on my screen. ( in pure English not computer jargon)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rab
    >
    > UK.
    >
    > Many thanks to you both.

    Rab
    Rab, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Rab

    John Smith Guest

    Its a cache for storing print jobs which are sent to the printer. What
    interests me is why XP tries to access the internet with (Spooler subsystem
    app). I would expect something like this if I was using a network printer or
    trying to set one up.
    Does anyone know why Spooler subsys is so persistant with its attempts?, is
    Bill Gates trying to monitor everything we print?, or am I just paranoid?.

    John Smith, Feb 5, 2005