    Thanks in advance!
    TCM

    , Sep 26, 2007

  2. Guest

    Let me be more clear - I use verizon and get on IP from Verizon. It
    have a Netgear wireless router and use two PCs which connect to the
    net.

    I use a web application that allows multiple logins but NOT from the
    same IP.

    I'd like to setup both computers and connect to this web application/
    service at the same time. Therefore, I'm trying to figure out a way to
    make it seem like the logins are coming from two different IP
    addresses.

    Thanks,
    TCM

    , Sep 26, 2007

  3. <> wrote in message
    > Let me be more clear - I use verizon and get on IP from Verizon. It
    > have a Netgear wireless router and use two PCs which connect to the
    > net.

    I am assuming with this being Verizon that you mean Verizon Wireless which
    is a cell-phone based wireless Internet access system. If this is not true
    than you have to make that clear. Sorry, you just can't leave these details
    up to our imaginations.

    Then you really are not using the wireless "router",...all you are doing is
    using at most is the Access Point that is built into the router which won't
    get you anywhere.

    In order to use the Verizon Wireless internet you need a special model of
    wireless router. Linksys only makes one that I know of and it may be "wired
    only". The Verizon wireless cell-phone card inserts directly into a special
    slot on the "router" and it is the "router" that makes the actual connection
    to Verizon. The PCs then connect (either wired or wireless) behind the
    "router" and are invisible to Verizon and are not seen. Verizon only sees
    the "router" and nothing else.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Sep 26, 2007
  4. <> wrote in message
    > I use a web application that allows multiple logins but NOT from the
    > same IP.

    Ok, wait. This may nullify my last post. If the problem is due to a "web
    application" that doesn't allow multiple connections from the same IP# then
    you are just flat totally screwed. You can't create a "fake" IP# because
    the application cannot response to the fake IP# and have the response
    somehow find it's way back to you.

    You only hope is to use some kind of "public proxy" for just one of the two
    machines. Then it will show comming from the IP of the public proxy. I have
    no specific information on public proxys, you'll have to find that out on
    your own or maybe one of the other guys here may have information.

    By the way, it is a very bad design for a web application to have this kind
    of restriction. Pretty much everybody works from behind a firewall or
    proxy, so there are millions of IP#s hidden behind other IP#s using
    firewalls and proxys. This is a rediculas restriction. If they botched it
    in this area, they probably botched it in other areas as well.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Sep 26, 2007