spontaneous reboots getting worser (more worserer?) baaaaaaaad..

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by O.Phooey, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. O.Phooey

    O.Phooey Guest

    After hacking my updated video drivers to keep the closed xtra 4
    pipelines of data open with a Russian hack. After cleaning my HD with
    a new newbie style cleaner,etc. My rig has started rebooting &/or
    freezing and last 2 days getting really bad.
    XP 2400 @ 2600
    epox 8KHA+
    Radeon 9500 soft hacked to 9700
    Win98se
    512Mb Mushkin upscale and tony RAM
    been running fine for years with the occassional hiccuuup. I have a
    second HD with everything but a years worth of my current HD on it
    disconnected, as a backup in case of disaster.
    yada
    ran several virus scans (had picked up some virus at porn sites
    (isolated by my virus program)...I was doing research for The Puritan
    Society of Right WingNutz against porn..It's really baaad
    (shivers....) out there...Wear a full rig condon!
    I reinstalled Norton utilities which was the first to freeze.
    Shut down Motherboard Monitor
    Decided to open the case to chk for bulging or leaking capacitors
    which are a known problem with some of these boards and could cause
    these problems. As I reached to the knurled knut to remove the case I
    pushed against the power cord and noticed it was loose..what r the
    odds...? I'll let ya know if you're interested...
    O.Phooey, Aug 13, 2004

  2. O.Phooey

    John Guest

    "O.Phooey" <> wrote in message
    > After hacking my updated video drivers to keep the closed xtra 4
    > pipelines of data open with a Russian hack. After cleaning my HD with
    > a new newbie style cleaner,etc. My rig has started rebooting &/or
    > freezing and last 2 days getting really bad.
    > XP 2400 @ 2600
    > epox 8KHA+
    > Radeon 9500 soft hacked to 9700
    > Win98se
    > 512Mb Mushkin upscale and tony RAM
    > been running fine for years with the occassional hiccuuup. I have a
    > second HD with everything but a years worth of my current HD on it
    > disconnected, as a backup in case of disaster.
    > yada
    > ran several virus scans (had picked up some virus at porn sites
    > (isolated by my virus program)...I was doing research for The Puritan
    > Society of Right WingNutz against porn..It's really baaad
    > (shivers....) out there...Wear a full rig condon!
    > I reinstalled Norton utilities which was the first to freeze.
    > Shut down Motherboard Monitor
    > Decided to open the case to chk for bulging or leaking capacitors
    > which are a known problem with some of these boards and could cause
    > these problems. As I reached to the knurled knut to remove the case I
    > pushed against the power cord and noticed it was loose..what r the
    > odds...? I'll let ya know if you're interested...

    Yes, My partner was about to throw out a microwave oven and buy another.
    Why? Because it's internal fuse had blown.

    One of the first thing a service engineer learns. Check the simple things
    first.
    I remember taking the back off a TV trying to figure out why it was dead.
    I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble if I had checked the
    fuse in the wall plug first.
    John, Aug 13, 2004

  3. O.Phooey

    Plato Guest

    O.Phooey wrote:

    > After hacking my updated video drivers to keep the closed xtra 4
    > pipelines of data open with a Russian hack. After cleaning my HD with
    > a new newbie style cleaner,etc. My rig has started rebooting &/or
    > freezing and last 2 days getting really bad.

    Contact the hack site for a fix.
    Plato, Aug 14, 2004