    --
    Tony Meyer
    Pukekohe, New Zealand

    Tony Meyer, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Tony Meyer

    Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:00:12 +1300, "Tony Meyer"
    <> wrote:

    |> Hi guys and girls, got something here I haven't seen before. Machine works
    |> fine, updated and scanned with norton in safe mode, nothing detected. Same
    |> with adaware SE. found 1 item only, so she's a pretty clean machine. BUT....
    |> on scrollinbg through random e-mails, and its not always the same one, but
    |> usually has attachments, the machine will just suddenly reboot. Windows 98
    |> SE, 64 MB RAM, P3 processor. Can't find anything on the net about it, has
    |> anybody seen this before, and if so, what did you do about it? I'm thinking
    |> hardware, but why only on outlook express, and never on anything else? Any
    |> ideas will be gratefully received. Cheers

    Run or WinKey+R <type in> DRWATSON.EXE <enter>

    A new icon appear'd in your system bar, double click on it.
    It will search your system and report any problems.

    I've never seen anything reported, but you might get lucky (in a way).

    --

    , Mar 15, 2005

  3. Tony Meyer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:00:12 +1300, "Tony Meyer"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > |> Hi guys and girls, got something here I haven't seen before. Machine
    > works
    > |> fine, updated and scanned with norton in safe mode, nothing detected.
    > Same
    > |> with adaware SE. found 1 item only, so she's a pretty clean machine.
    > BUT....
    > |> on scrollinbg through random e-mails, and its not always the same one,
    > but
    > |> usually has attachments, the machine will just suddenly reboot. Windows
    > 98
    > |> SE, 64 MB RAM, P3 processor. Can't find anything on the net about it,
    > has
    > |> anybody seen this before, and if so, what did you do about it? I'm
    > thinking
    > |> hardware, but why only on outlook express, and never on anything else?
    > Any
    > |> ideas will be gratefully received. Cheers
    >
    > Run or WinKey+R <type in> DRWATSON.EXE <enter>
    >
    > A new icon appear'd in your system bar, double click on it.
    > It will search your system and report any problems.
    >
    > I've never seen anything reported, but you might get lucky (in a way).

    Think that would work for me? It's been years since I got lucky ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer Guest

    Thanks Pennywise... "Dr Watson found nothing obviously unusual"
    --
    Tony Meyer
    CompUTec Computer & Network Services

    Tony Meyer, Mar 15, 2005
  5. "Tony Meyer" <> wrote in message

    > Hi guys and girls, got something here I haven't seen before.

    It's syphilis. Take massive does of antibiotics and don't play with it for a
    month.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 15, 2005
  6. Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer Guest

    Jeez, the bloody whole world's a comedy act, sorry there's not enough stages
    for everyone. Sorry I'm not falling about laughing, but this is really
    pissing me off, and I've been up all night, my sense of himour is a little
    thin right now. Thanks anyway, I think I'll do a repair install first, I'm
    thinking corrupt files

    --
    Tony Meyer

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Tony Meyer, Mar 15, 2005
  7. Tony Meyer

    Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:27:45 +1300, "Tony Meyer"
    <> wrote:

    |> Jeez, the bloody whole world's a comedy act, sorry there's not enough stages
    |> for everyone. Sorry I'm not falling about laughing, but this is really
    |> pissing me off, and I've been up all night, my sense of himour is a little
    |> thin right now. Thanks anyway, I think I'll do a repair install first, I'm
    |> thinking corrupt files

    Create a bootlog.txt and read it with the many bootlog readers available
    lots of info given for the Win98.

    Edit your c:\msdos.sys under [options] add
    Bootdelay=10
    Bootkeys=1
    BootMenu=1

    Bootdelay=10- gives 10 seconds to make up your mind
    Bootkeys=1 - allows you to hit F8 to enter menu
    BootMenu=1 - boots to menu without F8

    Select create bootlog.txt - you will find it as c:\bootlog.txt with
    done.

    Google for a reader.

    --

    , Mar 15, 2005
  8. Tony Meyer

    <> wrote:

    |> Jeez, the bloody whole world's a comedy act, sorry there's not enough stages
    |> for everyone. Sorry I'm not falling about laughing, but this is really
    |> pissing me off, and I've been up all night, my sense of himour is a little
    |> thin right now. Thanks anyway, I think I'll do a repair install first, I'm
    |> thinking corrupt files

    Forgot to add.

    Run WinKey+R <type in> SFC <enter>

    this will search for corrupt files, along with a bootlog.txt you should
    find out what your problem is.

    --

    , Mar 15, 2005
  9. Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer Guest

    OK, here's the latest.... Did a system recovery, so its a format and clean
    install job. Bloody thing is still doing it.... Now I'm thinking hardware,
    but why would it only do it on outlook express?

    --
    Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer, Mar 15, 2005