    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > There I was, happy on 256kb/s UBS.
    >
    > Now, after having switched to 2Mb/s UBS on Orcon's $10/10GB/mo deal,
    > I'm whining when big downloads slow down to a paltry 190 kBytes/sec.

    <crosspost to the monkeyhouse removed>

    That sounds good. I signed up for it about 3 weeks ago and have to wait
    until the 10th of this month for changeover..
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Evil Bastard

    Evil Bastard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Evil Bastard wrote:
    >
    >>There I was, happy on 256kb/s UBS.
    >>
    >>Now, after having switched to 2Mb/s UBS on Orcon's $10/10GB/mo deal,
    >>I'm whining when big downloads slow down to a paltry 190 kBytes/sec.

    > <crosspost to the monkeyhouse removed>
    >
    > That sounds good. I signed up for it about 3 weeks ago and have to wait
    > until the 10th of this month for changeover..

    I had to reboot my to implement a NAT change and when it came back up,
    it reconnected at 2Mb/s (a week before Orcon said it would happen).

    Try rebooting your router. You might be pleasantly surprised.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Evil Bastard

    steve Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:

    > There I was, happy on 256kb/s UBS.
    >
    > Now, after having switched to 2Mb/s UBS on Orcon's $10/10GB/mo deal, I'm
    > whining when big downloads slow down to a paltry 190 kBytes/sec.

    I've had 2mbps from one supplier or another for most of 7 years.

    When will they go FASTER!!!

    :)

    steve, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Evil Bastard

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, se says...
    > There I was, happy on 256kb/s UBS.
    >
    > Now, after having switched to 2Mb/s UBS on Orcon's $10/10GB/mo deal, I'm
    > whining when big downloads slow down to a paltry 190 kBytes/sec.

    you'll get bored with a pathetic 250KB soon enough.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Evil Bastard wrote:
    >>
    >>> There I was, happy on 256kb/s UBS.
    >>>
    >>> Now, after having switched to 2Mb/s UBS on Orcon's $10/10GB/mo deal,
    >>> I'm whining when big downloads slow down to a paltry 190 kBytes/sec.

    >> <crosspost to the monkeyhouse removed>
    >>
    >> That sounds good. I signed up for it about 3 weeks ago and have to
    >> wait until the 10th of this month for changeover..

    > I had to reboot my to implement a NAT change and when it came back up,
    > it reconnected at 2Mb/s (a week before Orcon said it would happen).
    >
    > Try rebooting your router. You might be pleasantly surprised.

    I took your advice and was pleasantly surprised to see my router reporting
    2560 down, 160 up. Thanks.

    However, things seemed as sluggish as before so just did a
    www.speedtest.co.nz and got:

    Speed Location Hosted By
    44.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    507.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    115.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    175.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    68.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 222.3 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 121.7 kbps

    Miserable! Ihug is good, the rest suck. Hang on, I'll do another....

    Speed Location Hosted By
    111.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    215.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    163.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    195.5 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    84.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 163.4 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 139.9 kbps

    So much for that huh? after 4am, not what I'd call a busy time of day. I
    hope Orcon haven't gone and got ahead of themselves again with this big
    advertising push and Telecom paying them $158 per sign-up.

    Adding broadband customers at the rate of 2,000 a month? I'm all too
    familiar with the way Orcon's systems have turned to shit in times of added
    load in the past. Those figures above are just crap for a 2MB connection.

    Just checked, router reporting 160/2560 up/down.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Evil Bastard

    Malcolm Guest

    On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 04:20:55 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Evil Bastard wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> <crosspost to the monkeyhouse removed>
    >>>
    >>> That sounds good. I signed up for it about 3 weeks ago and have to
    >>> wait until the 10th of this month for changeover..

    >> I had to reboot my to implement a NAT change and when it came back up,
    >> it reconnected at 2Mb/s (a week before Orcon said it would happen).
    >>
    >> Try rebooting your router. You might be pleasantly surprised.

    > I took your advice and was pleasantly surprised to see my router reporting
    > 2560 down, 160 up. Thanks.
    >
    > However, things seemed as sluggish as before so just did a
    > www.speedtest.co.nz and got:
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 44.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 507.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 115.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 175.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 68.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 222.3 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 121.7 kbps
    >
    > Miserable! Ihug is good, the rest suck. Hang on, I'll do another....
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 111.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 215.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 163.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 195.5 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 84.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 163.4 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 139.9 kbps
    >
    > So much for that huh? after 4am, not what I'd call a busy time of day. I
    > hope Orcon haven't gone and got ahead of themselves again with this big
    > advertising push and Telecom paying them $158 per sign-up.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3430492a28,00.html
    >
    > Adding broadband customers at the rate of 2,000 a month? I'm all too
    > familiar with the way Orcon's systems have turned to shit in times of added
    > load in the past. Those figures above are just crap for a 2MB connection.
    >
    > Just checked, router reporting 160/2560 up/down.

    Bellsouth 1.5MB/256K connection

    Speed Location Hosted By
    609.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    328.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    741.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    750.8 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    1066.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 559.8 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 908.6 kbps

    --
    Cheers
    Malcolm °¿°

    Malcolm, Oct 5, 2005
  8. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>That sounds good. I signed up for it about 3 weeks ago and have to
    >>>wait until the 10th of this month for changeover..

    >>I had to reboot my to implement a NAT change and when it came back up,
    >>it reconnected at 2Mb/s (a week before Orcon said it would happen).

    > Those figures above are just crap for a 2MB connection.
    >
    > Just checked, router reporting 160/2560 up/down.

    The 2Mbit may have to be done on the line, and at Orcon, so hold up on
    the bitching at the moment eh?!

    Give them to the 10th aye? you know, the date they said...

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 5, 2005
  9. T'was the Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:04:18 -0500 when I remembered Malcolm
    <> saying something like this:

    >Bellsouth 1.5MB/256K connection
    >
    >Speed Location Hosted By
    >609.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >328.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >741.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >750.8 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >1066.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >Summary
    >Average (New Zealand): 559.8 kbps
    >Average (Australia): kbps
    >Average (International): 908.6 kbps

    Xtra 2Mbit

    Speed Location Hosted By
    854.8 k - Orcon Internet
    1009.4 k - Ihug
    615.2 k - Orcon Internet
    1059.2 k - 1&1 Internet Inc
    914.2 k - Nibble Information Systems

    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 826.5 kbps
    Average (International): 986.7 kbps
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 5, 2005
  10. Evil Bastard

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 04:20:55 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Evil Bastard wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> <crosspost to the monkeyhouse removed>
    >>>
    >>> That sounds good. I signed up for it about 3 weeks ago and have to
    >>> wait until the 10th of this month for changeover..

    >> I had to reboot my to implement a NAT change and when it came back up,
    >> it reconnected at 2Mb/s (a week before Orcon said it would happen).
    >>
    >> Try rebooting your router. You might be pleasantly surprised.

    > I took your advice and was pleasantly surprised to see my router reporting
    > 2560 down, 160 up. Thanks.
    >
    > However, things seemed as sluggish as before so just did a
    > www.speedtest.co.nz and got:
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 44.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 507.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 115.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 175.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 68.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 222.3 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 121.7 kbps
    >
    > Miserable! Ihug is good, the rest suck. Hang on, I'll do another....
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 111.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 215.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 163.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 195.5 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 84.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 163.4 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 139.9 kbps
    >
    > So much for that huh? after 4am, not what I'd call a busy time of day. I
    > hope Orcon haven't gone and got ahead of themselves again with this big
    > advertising push and Telecom paying them $158 per sign-up.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3430492a28,00.html
    >
    > Adding broadband customers at the rate of 2,000 a month? I'm all too
    > familiar with the way Orcon's systems have turned to shit in times of added
    > load in the past. Those figures above are just crap for a 2MB connection.
    >
    > Just checked, router reporting 160/2560 up/down.

    Speed Location Hosted By
    1400.6 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    846.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    1448.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    1004.2 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    872.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 1231.8 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 938.2 kbps

    Orcon UBS 2mbit, just now.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #424487 +(3861)- [X]

    JstWnnaHveFuN08: do you think i should call a guy friend and talk to him
    about my problems? or will he not care?
    Thilo: Here's how it works: if a guy helps you with your problems, you're
    obligated to give him a blowjob.
    JstWnnaHveFuN08: lol thanks that cheered me up
    Thilo: No problem. That'll be one blowjob please.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 6/10/2005 12:43:13 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Oct 6, 2005
  11. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> I had to reboot my to implement a NAT change and when it came back
    >>> up, it reconnected at 2Mb/s (a week before Orcon said it would
    >>> happen).

    >> Those figures above are just crap for a 2MB connection.
    >>
    >> Just checked, router reporting 160/2560 up/down.

    > The 2Mbit may have to be done on the line, and at Orcon, so hold up on
    > the bitching at the moment eh?!

    No smiley? You haven't been reading my posts much if you think that's
    bitching. :) I didn't even mention Ferraris.

    > Give them to the 10th aye? you know, the date they said...

    Yeah. However, my "anniversary" is the 5th so I was a little surprised at
    being given a RFS date of the 10th. Maybe because last time they gave me an
    RFS date of the 5th and it didn't happen until the 10th.

    Anyway, all good now, or as good as it gets:

    Speed Location Hosted By
    1498.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    1181.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    1507.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    347.1 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    642.2 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 1395.5 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 494.6 kbps

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2005
  12. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > Bellsouth 1.5MB/256K connection
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 609.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 328.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 741.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 750.8 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 1066.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 559.8 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 908.6 kbps

    Bit different from the USA end huh? :)

    Good to see you. :)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2005
  13. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:04:18 -0500 when I remembered Malcolm
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >> Bellsouth 1.5MB/256K connection
    >>
    >> Speed Location Hosted By
    >> 609.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >> 328.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >> 741.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >> 750.8 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >> 1066.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >> Summary
    >> Average (New Zealand): 559.8 kbps
    >> Average (Australia): kbps
    >> Average (International): 908.6 kbps

    > Xtra 2Mbit
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 854.8 k - Orcon Internet
    > 1009.4 k - Ihug
    > 615.2 k - Orcon Internet
    > 1059.2 k - 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 914.2 k - Nibble Information Systems
    >
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 826.5 kbps
    > Average (International): 986.7 kbps

    That's good international.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2005
  14. Evil Bastard

    Evil Bastard Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > you'll get bored with a pathetic 250KB soon enough.

    I know that, and you know that.

    But here's hoping that by the time my boredom level reaches
    'excruciation', there'll be a faster offering in the market.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 6, 2005
  15. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>The 2Mbit may have to be done on the line, and at Orcon, so hold up on
    >>the bitching at the moment eh?!

    > No smiley? You haven't been reading my posts much if you think that's
    > bitching. :) I didn't even mention Ferraris.

    smiley intended... stressful morning.

    >>Give them to the 10th aye? you know, the date they said...

    > Yeah. However, my "anniversary" is the 5th so I was a little surprised at
    > being given a RFS date of the 10th. Maybe because last time they gave me an
    > RFS date of the 5th and it didn't happen until the 10th.
    >
    > Anyway, all good now, or as good as it gets:

    > Average (New Zealand): 1395.5 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 494.6 kbps

    heh, you should ring them and say that you're only going to pay 3/4 of
    your national, and 1/4 of your intl bill until you get the full speed...
    hell, you're not even getting 2mbit inside their own network.

    I mean the 2560 line speed is meant to cover overheads to give you
    ~2Mbit usable, but at the moment you're only getting ~1.5 usable, and
    thats only within their own network.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz - my site.
    http://www.dave.net.nz/csb/id37.htm <- Blog.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 6, 2005
  16. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> The 2Mbit may have to be done on the line, and at Orcon, so hold up
    >>> on the bitching at the moment eh?!

    >> No smiley? You haven't been reading my posts much if you think that's
    >> bitching. :) I didn't even mention Ferraris.

    > smiley intended... stressful morning.

    My condolences. I saw another couple of your posts after and realised you
    may be having a bad day. :)

    >>> Give them to the 10th aye? you know, the date they said...

    >> Yeah. However, my "anniversary" is the 5th so I was a little
    >> surprised at being given a RFS date of the 10th. Maybe because last
    >> time they gave me an RFS date of the 5th and it didn't happen until
    >> the 10th. Anyway, all good now, or as good as it gets:

    >> Average (New Zealand): 1395.5 kbps
    >> Average (Australia): kbps
    >> Average (International): 494.6 kbps

    > heh, you should ring them and say that you're only going to pay 3/4 of
    > your national, and 1/4 of your intl bill until you get the full
    > speed... hell, you're not even getting 2mbit inside their own network.

    Sucks does it not? However, the wording of the ToS etc is so nebulous that I
    couldn't get away with not paying them if I only got 56k three days a week.
    They'd say it's "best effort" or "outside of their network".

    > I mean the 2560 line speed is meant to cover overheads to give you
    > ~2Mbit usable, but at the moment you're only getting ~1.5 usable, and
    > thats only within their own network.

    Yep, certainly a case of not getting what's advertised. I *was* surprised at
    the 160 up though. LOL, how do you test that?

    Take care,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2005
  17. Evil Bastard

    SNOman Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Evil Bastard wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ wrote:

    >>><crosspost to the monkeyhouse removed>
    >>>
    >>>That sounds good. I signed up for it about 3 weeks ago and have to
    >>>wait until the 10th of this month for changeover..

    >>I had to reboot my to implement a NAT change and when it came back up,
    >>it reconnected at 2Mb/s (a week before Orcon said it would happen).
    >>
    >>Try rebooting your router. You might be pleasantly surprised.

    > I took your advice and was pleasantly surprised to see my router reporting
    > 2560 down, 160 up. Thanks.
    >
    > However, things seemed as sluggish as before so just did a
    > www.speedtest.co.nz and got:
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 44.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 507.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 115.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 175.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 68.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 222.3 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 121.7 kbps
    >
    > Miserable! Ihug is good, the rest suck. Hang on, I'll do another....
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 111.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 215.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 163.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 195.5 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 84.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 163.4 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 139.9 kbps
    >
    > So much for that huh? after 4am, not what I'd call a busy time of day. I
    > hope Orcon haven't gone and got ahead of themselves again with this big
    > advertising push and Telecom paying them $158 per sign-up.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3430492a28,00.html
    >
    > Adding broadband customers at the rate of 2,000 a month? I'm all too
    > familiar with the way Orcon's systems have turned to shit in times of added
    > load in the past. Those figures above are just crap for a 2MB connection.
    >
    > Just checked, router reporting 160/2560 up/down.

    On a 1MB fibre connection with IHUG

    Speed Location Hosted By
    4933.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    1920.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    87660.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    1239.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    1271.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 31504.7 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 1255.2 kbps

    :)

    SNOman, Oct 6, 2005
  18. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > On a 1MB fibre connection with IHUG
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 4933.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 1920.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 87660.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 1239.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 1271.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 31504.7 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 1255.2 kbps
    >
    > :)

    Bloody hell! I want one of those. ;-)

    That second Orcon one is either an anomoly or bloody amazing!
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 7, 2005
  19. Evil Bastard

    SNOman Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > SNOman wrote:
    >
    >>On a 1MB fibre connection with IHUG
    >>
    >>Speed Location Hosted By
    >>4933.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>1920.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >>87660.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>1239.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >>1271.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >>Summary
    >>Average (New Zealand): 31504.7 kbps
    >>Average (Australia): kbps
    >>Average (International): 1255.2 kbps
    >>
    >>:)

    > Bloody hell! I want one of those. ;-)
    >
    > That second Orcon one is either an anomoly or bloody amazing!

    Here's another test run again now

    Speed Location Hosted By
    16854.3 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    6530.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    87660.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    1323.7 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    1218.8 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 37015.1 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 1271.2 kbps

    and it's a bit faster this time :)

    SNOman, Oct 7, 2005
  20. Evil Bastard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> SNOman wrote:
    >>
    >>> On a 1MB fibre connection with IHUG
    >>>
    >>> Speed Location Hosted By
    >>> 4933.0 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>> 1920.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >>> 87660.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>> 1239.0 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >>> 1271.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >>> Summary
    >>> Average (New Zealand): 31504.7 kbps
    >>> Average (Australia): kbps
    >>> Average (International): 1255.2 kbps
    >>>
    >>> :)

    >> Bloody hell! I want one of those. ;-)
    >>
    >> That second Orcon one is either an anomoly or bloody amazing!

    > Here's another test run again now
    >
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 16854.3 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 6530.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 87660.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 1323.7 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 1218.8 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > Summary
    > Average (New Zealand): 37015.1 kbps
    > Average (Australia): kbps
    > Average (International): 1271.2 kbps
    >
    > and it's a bit faster this time :)

    It's about now, if I was having a bad day, that I'd be bringing the
    legitimacy of your birth into question. :)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 7, 2005