    Basicly I have two ISP lines and would like to use both for internet
    traffic either load-balanced or by IP.

    Thanks in advance.
    thejayman, Aug 24, 2006

  2. thejayman

    Hoffa Guest

    Split Horizon as I know it is a technique used by some routing
    protocols to prevent routing loops. I'm not sure it can be applied to
    load balancing two ISPs.
    Maybe you should look into specialized hardware to solve this issue.
    Link load balancers like http://www.xrio.co.uk/qbalancer_range.aspx or
    http://www.f5.com/products/bigip/isptm/
    Another way to use different ISPs for Internet traffic is by applying
    for a dedicated AS and IP-range and use BGP to route the traffic over
    the different ISPs but this is very difficult to set up so unless
    you're system is highly mission critical I'd go for dedicated hardware
    solution.

    Regards
    Fredrik Hofgren

    Hoffa, Aug 24, 2006

  3. thejayman

    James Guest

    Just found this after a google search:-

    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/cisco/50.5 Load Balance 2 ISP with Cisco

    James

    James, Aug 24, 2006
  4. thejayman

    thejayman Guest

    Thanks for the replies.
    I had thought about the F5 route but was trying to save costs.
    This other way is a good thought jerker.

    thejayman, Aug 25, 2006