SplashDVD...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Strutter, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Strutter

    Strutter Guest

    What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?

    I must admit I only made my first purchase with them as the price before
    release date for Bad Boys I/II box set was unbeatable. So about a month
    before the release date, I ordered the item. The money was debited from my
    bank account the same day - fair enough I guess. I thought that as they'd
    taken my money I'd be guaranteed a copy to be dispatched on release day!

    How wrong was I. Release day arrives and you check their site to see
    'Delivery within 7-14 days' on the item in question!!!

    I write to their customer services department via e-mail, to recieve NO
    answer after 5 days!

    It's now been made aware to me that this is common practice for them. i.e.
    take your money before release date, then make you wait ages after release
    day to get your order! I shall NEVER purchase from them again.

    B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!

    That's got that off my chest. :eek:)

    Strutter
    Strutter, Feb 27, 2004

  2. "Strutter" <> wrote in message
    > What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?
    >
    > I must admit I only made my first purchase with them as the price before
    > release date for Bad Boys I/II box set was unbeatable. So about a month
    > before the release date, I ordered the item. The money was debited from my
    > bank account the same day - fair enough I guess. I thought that as they'd
    > taken my money I'd be guaranteed a copy to be dispatched on release day!
    >
    > How wrong was I. Release day arrives and you check their site to see
    > 'Delivery within 7-14 days' on the item in question!!!
    >
    > I write to their customer services department via e-mail, to recieve NO
    > answer after 5 days!
    >
    > It's now been made aware to me that this is common practice for them. i.e.
    > take your money before release date, then make you wait ages after release
    > day to get your order! I shall NEVER purchase from them again.
    >
    > B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!
    >
    > That's got that off my chest. :eek:)
    >
    > Strutter

    they are shit
    Colin Mckechnie, Feb 27, 2004

  3. "Strutter" <> wrote in message
    > What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?
    >
    > I must admit I only made my first purchase with them as the price before
    > release date for Bad Boys I/II box set was unbeatable. So about a month
    > before the release date, I ordered the item. The money was debited from my
    > bank account the same day - fair enough I guess. I thought that as they'd
    > taken my money I'd be guaranteed a copy to be dispatched on release day!
    >
    > How wrong was I. Release day arrives and you check their site to see
    > 'Delivery within 7-14 days' on the item in question!!!
    >
    > I write to their customer services department via e-mail, to recieve NO
    > answer after 5 days!
    >
    > It's now been made aware to me that this is common practice for them. i.e.
    > take your money before release date, then make you wait ages after release
    > day to get your order! I shall NEVER purchase from them again.
    >
    > B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!
    >
    > That's got that off my chest. :eek:)
    >
    > Strutter

    Everyone here knows Splash are slow. If you don't want DVDs anytime soon,
    there prices are great and they will get the DVD to you. (Some time later).
    If you want disks quickly though, you're better shopping from a number of
    other DVD online retailers.
    Okilee Dokilee, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Strutter

    ChrisM Guest

    "HI, I'm Strutter. You may remember me from postings such as...
    > What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?
    >
    > I must admit I only made my first purchase with them as the price
    > before release date for Bad Boys I/II box set was unbeatable. So
    > about a month before the release date, I ordered the item. The money
    > was debited from my bank account the same day - fair enough I guess.
    > I thought that as they'd taken my money I'd be guaranteed a copy to
    > be dispatched on release day!
    >
    > How wrong was I. Release day arrives and you check their site to see
    > 'Delivery within 7-14 days' on the item in question!!!
    >
    > I write to their customer services department via e-mail, to recieve
    > NO answer after 5 days!
    >
    > It's now been made aware to me that this is common practice for them.
    > i.e. take your money before release date, then make you wait ages
    > after release day to get your order! I shall NEVER purchase from them
    > again.
    >
    > B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!
    >
    > That's got that off my chest. :eek:)
    >
    > Strutter

    why do you think people will listen to your rant when you didnt listen to
    theirs?
    ChrisM, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Strutter

    matt elliff Guest

    "Okilee Dokilee" <derekathomson@.hot male.com> wrote in message

    > "Strutter" <> wrote in message
    > > What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?
    > >
    > > I must admit I only made my first purchase with them as the price before
    > > release date for Bad Boys I/II box set was unbeatable. So about a month
    > > before the release date, I ordered the item. The money was debited from

    my
    > > bank account the same day - fair enough I guess. I thought that as

    they'd
    > > taken my money I'd be guaranteed a copy to be dispatched on release day!
    > >
    > > How wrong was I. Release day arrives and you check their site to see
    > > 'Delivery within 7-14 days' on the item in question!!!
    > >
    > > I write to their customer services department via e-mail, to recieve NO
    > > answer after 5 days!
    > >
    > > It's now been made aware to me that this is common practice for them.

    i.e.
    > > take your money before release date, then make you wait ages after

    release
    > > day to get your order! I shall NEVER purchase from them again.
    > >
    > > B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!
    > >
    > > That's got that off my chest. :eek:)
    > >
    > > Strutter
    > >

    > Everyone here knows Splash are slow. If you don't want DVDs anytime soon,
    > there prices are great and they will get the DVD to you. (Some time

    later).
    > If you want disks quickly though, you're better shopping from a number of
    > other DVD online retailers.

    Completely agree, they are incredibly slow - but they do get there in the
    end. Depends what you want, if you want the best price order from splash, if
    you need it fast order elsewhere.

    matt
    matt elliff, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Strutter

    Ant C Guest

    "Strutter" <> wrote in message
    > What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?
    >
    > I must admit I only made my first purchase with them as the price before
    > release date for Bad Boys I/II box set was unbeatable. So about a month
    > before the release date, I ordered the item. The money was debited from my
    > bank account the same day - fair enough I guess. I thought that as they'd
    > taken my money I'd be guaranteed a copy to be dispatched on release day!
    >
    > How wrong was I. Release day arrives and you check their site to see
    > 'Delivery within 7-14 days' on the item in question!!!
    >
    > I write to their customer services department via e-mail, to recieve NO
    > answer after 5 days!
    >
    > It's now been made aware to me that this is common practice for them. i.e.
    > take your money before release date, then make you wait ages after release
    > day to get your order! I shall NEVER purchase from them again.
    >
    > B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!
    >
    > That's got that off my chest. :eek:)
    >
    > Strutter

    I only order cheap, old releases from them which i dont mind waiting 6
    months for.
    Problem with ordering a new releases is by the time it arrives from splash
    its probably in the £7.99 section at play/cdwow :)
    Ant C, Feb 27, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Strutter" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!
    > >

    > I only order cheap, old releases from them which i dont mind waiting 6
    > months for.
    > Problem with ordering a new releases is by the time it arrives from splash
    > its probably in the £7.99 section at play/cdwow :)

    Agreed, my last orders were only ordered because they were dirt cheap and
    I didn't mind the wait, Karate Kid trilogy for £8 and Beverly Hills Cop
    trilogy for £9 :)

    --
    Rid
    Ridwan Hughes, Feb 27, 2004
  8. Strutter

    Zygon Curry Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:08:54 +0000 (UTC), "Strutter"
    <> wrote:

    >What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?
    >
    >I must admit I only made my first purchase with them as the price before
    >release date for Bad Boys I/II box set was unbeatable. So about a month
    >before the release date, I ordered the item. The money was debited from my
    >bank account the same day - fair enough I guess. I thought that as they'd
    >taken my money I'd be guaranteed a copy to be dispatched on release day!
    >
    >How wrong was I. Release day arrives and you check their site to see
    >'Delivery within 7-14 days' on the item in question!!!
    >
    >I write to their customer services department via e-mail, to recieve NO
    >answer after 5 days!
    >
    >It's now been made aware to me that this is common practice for them. i.e.
    >take your money before release date, then make you wait ages after release
    >day to get your order! I shall NEVER purchase from them again.
    >
    >B*llocks to you SplashDVD, you suck!
    >
    >That's got that off my chest. :eek:)

    I've use SplashDVD, and will continue to do so in future for some
    items.

    SplashDVD are perfect if you don't mind waiting for some DVDs. If you
    are then there is a chance you will get them cheaper in some cases.

    I use them when I want DVDs or books which I'm in no rush to get hold
    off. I wouldn't recommend them for any items you want quickly.

    The downside is that they will take your money when you place the
    order, not at the point of dispatch, however if the price is low
    enough then I will place an order. I got Red Dwarf 4 from them last
    week for about £11

    At the end of the day, I have always got the items I've ordered and
    always in good condition so far.
    Zygon Curry, Feb 27, 2004
  9. Strutter

    David Elston Guest

    <> wrote:

    >What do people reckon to the online DVD retailer 'SplashDVD'?

    Given the horror stories on this group I have been wary about about
    using them, however on the few occasions I have done, the service has
    been as good as any other.

    My latest purchase was Frasier Series 1 - ordered Sun 22 Feb, received
    Thu 26 Feb - both 2004 before there are any smart comments! and at
    only £9.99 it was half the price of anywhere else

    David
    David Elston, Feb 27, 2004
  10. Strutter

    Biz Guest

    Take your pick. If you want the cheapest price, order from them, if you
    want it fast, pay a few dollars more to someone else. You can't have both.

    Biz, Feb 28, 2004
  11. I thought that this thread was about the dvd disc of the movie "Splash"
    starring Tom Hanks and Darryl Hannah.

    Daryyl Hannah who used to practice making mermaid sounds when she was little.
    Waterperson77, Feb 29, 2004
  12. Although Splash is on dvd, I haven't seen the movie "Splash Too" released on
    dvd. However, I think that I have the movie "Splash Too" on VHS tape somewhere
    recorded by myself.
    Waterperson77, Feb 29, 2004
  13. Strutter

    TyQuAnDo Guest

    Riped me off for £12 when they charged my CCdifferent to what was in the
    basket.
    Had to go to trading standards, they could only get £8 back without me
    taking it further.
    Avoid, you can get just as cheap elsewhere, (Amazon used, ebay, US/Canada,
    play.com etc).

    TyQuAnDo, Feb 29, 2004
  14. Strutter

    e.bendall Guest

    Nightmare,

    I don't think I'll be using them anymore, I ordered a DVD on 1st January
    2004 and 2 months down the road it still hasn't been dispatched. (can anyone
    beat 2 month wait and counting?)

    When I query it all I get is 'We are out of stock of this item and waiting
    for a delivery from our suppliers'.

    I only used them because they are cheap, but they do not provide anywhere
    near the customer service of CD WOW!

    Benny

    e.bendall, Mar 1, 2004
  15. "e.bendall" <> wrote in message
    > Nightmare,
    >
    > I don't think I'll be using them anymore, I ordered a DVD on 1st January
    > 2004 and 2 months down the road it still hasn't been dispatched. (can

    anyone
    > beat 2 month wait and counting?)

    <SNIP>

    4 1/2 months and counting for a SACD.
    Okilee Dokilee, Mar 1, 2004
  16. Strutter

    Zygon Curry Guest

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:34:47 GMT, "Okilee Dokilee" <derekathomson@.hot
    male.com> wrote:

    >"e.bendall" <> wrote in message
    >> Nightmare,
    >>
    >> I don't think I'll be using them anymore, I ordered a DVD on 1st January
    >> 2004 and 2 months down the road it still hasn't been dispatched. (can

    >anyone
    >> beat 2 month wait and counting?)

    ><SNIP>
    >
    >4 1/2 months and counting for a SACD.

    I can do 7 months, but that was quite rare from my experience.

    But as been said, if you want things quick then you don't use Splash.
    If you don't mind waiting and the price is unbeatable then use Splash.
    Zygon Curry, Mar 1, 2004
  17. Strutter

    Buggy© Guest

    "e.bendall" <> wrote in message
    > Nightmare,
    >
    > I don't think I'll be using them anymore, I ordered a DVD on 1st January
    > 2004 and 2 months down the road it still hasn't been dispatched. (can

    anyone
    > beat 2 month wait and counting?)

    Over a year for one from Play....admittedly it was Super Mario Bros which
    had its release cancelled....... :(

    Buggy

    --
    DENNIS: Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis
    for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
    Buggy©, Mar 7, 2004