    Terry Lynton Guest

    Is there a way to remove the windows splash screen, forever on boot up?
    tsfl.

    Terry Lynton, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Terry Lynton

    Palindrome Guest

    Terry Lynton wrote:

    > Is there a way to remove the windows splash screen, forever on boot up?
    > tsfl.

    Yep, don't multi-task, i.e. don't keep a ferret in your trousers whilst
    drinking a beer in front of your computer screen, :)

    But seriously, what Winos? 386, 3.0, 3.1, 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP ? Or do
    you want someone to provide the solution to all of them so that you can
    pick?

    Palindrome, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Terry Lynton

    Terry Lynton Guest

    "Palindrome" <> wrote in message
    > Terry Lynton wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a way to remove the windows splash screen, forever on boot up?
    > > tsfl.
    > >

    > Yep, don't multi-task, i.e. don't keep a ferret in your trousers whilst
    > drinking a beer in front of your computer screen, :)
    >
    > But seriously, what Winos? 386, 3.0, 3.1, 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP ? Or do
    > you want someone to provide the solution to all of them so that you can
    > pick?

    sorry! win 98/se. tsfl.

    Terry Lynton, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Terry Lynton

    Palindrome Guest

    Terry Lynton wrote:

    > "Palindrome" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Terry Lynton wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is there a way to remove the windows splash screen, forever on boot up?
    >>>tsfl.
    >>>

    >>Yep, don't multi-task, i.e. don't keep a ferret in your trousers whilst
    >>drinking a beer in front of your computer screen, :)
    >>
    >>But seriously, what Winos? 386, 3.0, 3.1, 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP ? Or do
    >>you want someone to provide the solution to all of them so that you can
    >>pick?
    >>

    > sorry! win 98/se. tsfl.

    A Google seach of "change startup screen windows 98" gave:

    If you don't want to see anything at all, just create an empty picture
    of the right size.

    Palindrome, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Terry Lynton

    Rob Guest

    Terry Lynton wrote:
    || Is there a way to remove the windows splash screen, forever on boot
    || up? tsfl.

    Yes get Linux.

    --
    Rob

    Rob, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Terry Lynton

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Terry Lynton wrote:

    > Is there a way to remove the windows splash screen, forever on boot up?
    > tsfl.

    I'm looking as hard as I can, but I can't figure out which OS you're
    running from here. It's wierd!

    --
    Your proctologist called, they found your head.

    PuddleNuts, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Terry Lynton

    Candlemoth Guest

    Terry Lynton wrote:
    > Is there a way to remove the windows splash screen, forever on boot up?
    > tsfl.

    Google for "TweakUI" and download the version for your pc.
    This little app has all kinds of goodies in it, including turning off
    the slash screen on startup.

    --
    "Everybody knows the best time for a woman to get pregnant is when
    she's... a black teenager."

    Candlemoth, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Palindrome wrote:
    > Terry Lynton wrote:

    >> "Palindrome" <> wrote in message

    >>>Yep, don't multi-task, i.e. don't keep a ferret in your trousers whilst
    >>>drinking a beer in front of your computer screen, :)

    >>>But seriously, what Winos? 386, 3.0, 3.1, 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP ? Or do
    >>>you want someone to provide the solution to all of them so that you can
    >>>pick?

    >> sorry! win 98/se. tsfl.

    > A Google seach of "change startup screen windows 98" gave:

    > http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/254/

    > If you don't want to see anything at all, just create an empty picture
    > of the right size.

    What would you see if you created an empty picture of the wrong size?
    (Say, a 1x1 image of color black.)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 7, 2004
  9. Terry Lynton

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On 7 Apr 2004 20:03:09 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    scribbled:

    >Palindrome wrote:
    >> Terry Lynton wrote:

    >>> "Palindrome" <> wrote in message

    >>> sorry! win 98/se. tsfl.

    >> A Google seach of "change startup screen windows 98" gave:

    >> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/254/

    >> If you don't want to see anything at all, just create an empty picture
    >> of the right size.

    >What would you see if you created an empty picture of the wrong size?
    >(Say, a 1x1 image of color black.)

    It wouldn't work. Even if the image is the right size but the
    wrong color depth it won't work.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Apr 7, 2004
  10. Terry Lynton

    Scrote Guest

    Snip

    >> What would you see if you created an empty picture of the wrong size?
    >> (Say, a 1x1 image of color black.)

    Your not thinking straight. He needs a Hooloovoo

    --
    I used to be indecisive but now, I'm not so sure.

    Scrote, Apr 8, 2004