    I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen
    that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first connect
    to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?
    Dede, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Dede

    Guest

    Get a Proxy server.. Squid is a good one.

    Dede wrote:
    > We are in the process of setting up a guest wireless connection using a
    > Cisco 1200 Access Points for wireless connectivity. These are
    > connected to our backbone switches. A separate VLAN has been
    > established for the Guest account. This VLAN terminates into a Cisco
    > PIX firewall before going out to the Internet.
    >
    > I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen
    > that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first connect
    > to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?
    , Jun 1, 2005

  3. <> wrote in message
    > Get a Proxy server.. Squid is a good one.

    Which can be easily got around by places like this:

    http://www.the-cloak.com/anonymous-surfing-home.html

    If they don't want to use your Proxy they won't. Are you prepared
    to give tech support to just about everyone?

    This sets up a system that the smart guys can ignore, and the dummies
    will be wasting your time with settings changes.

    Not to mention, clicking on I Agree has absolutely no legal weight.

    Why don't you have them sign a paper disclaimer when they check in?

    Ted
    Ted Mittelstaedt, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Dede

    Dede Guest

    I work for a county hospital and we want to allow all visitors and
    patients internet access. We just want some sort of splash screen when
    they connect to let them know they are on our guest account and we do
    not support hardware problems. I'm not really interested in the "I
    Agree" for any legal reasons just a way to make them pause and read the
    screen.

    Dede, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Hello Dede,

    http://www.axiros.com/publicwlan.htm
    student/u16035, Jun 2, 2005
  6. Dede

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Dede wrote:

    > We are in the process of setting up a guest wireless connection using
    > a Cisco 1200 Access Points for wireless connectivity. These are
    > connected to our backbone switches. A separate VLAN has been
    > established for the Guest account. This VLAN terminates into a Cisco
    > PIX firewall before going out to the Internet.
    >
    > I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen
    > that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first
    > connect to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?

    There are quite a few ways of doing it. Maybe a PAC file? Using wccp
    to intercept port 80 traffic? Proxy servers? Simple startup screen?
    MOTD?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jun 3, 2005