    but then remains on? I've checked the cables and the jumper settings and
    they are correct.

    Bruce
    Bruce, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Bruce

    °Mike° Guest

    If you are *certain* that the cable is in the correct
    orientation, replace the cable.

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:18:22 -0000, in
    <T1Q_b.5987$>
    Bruce scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Bruce

    boon Guest

    "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    > Why when I put a CDROM in my DVD drive the light flickers as it reads the

    CD
    > but then remains on? I've checked the cables and the jumper settings and
    > they are correct.
    >
    > Bruce

    Does the DVD drive read ok? If so, this is normal. The light remains on when
    a cd/dvd is inserted in most modern dvd/cd/cdr drives as it does on both my
    dvd and cdr drives
    boon, Feb 24, 2004