Spielberg re-inventing the cinema experience - literally

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by RobMac, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. RobMac

    RobMac Guest

    RobMac, Oct 12, 2005

  2. RobMac

    Curtin/Dobbs Guest

    "RobMac" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/spielberg looking to the future

    SPIELBERG LOOKING TO THE FUTURE

    12/10/2005 13:55

    Hollywood movie mogul STEVEN SPIELBERG has invented technology he calls "the
    future of cinema" - and he promises the new film experience will *suck*
    audiences into the heart of the action.

    ....Or, if it's a bad movie, it'll just *suck* ...

    The SAVING PRIVATE RYAN director is working on advanced screening
    technology, but insists he is looking to build on the things that made
    cinema great in the past, rather than altering it forever.

    ....Oh, good, I thought Spielberg was planning on changing everything all by
    himself, just because he can....

    He tells the Hollywood Reporter, "A good movie will bring you inside of
    itself just by the sheer brilliance of the director/writer/production
    staff."

    ....Of course, but you don't need all the whiz bang stuff...

    "But in the future, you will physically be inside the experience, which will
    surround you top, bottom, on all sides."

    ....Well, this would make Russ Meyer films even more enjoyable...

    "I've invented it, but because patent is pending, I can't discuss it right
    now."

    ....Aw, come on Steve, tell us more about it. It kind of reminds me of that
    old Monty Python sketch about the guy with the theory about the
    brontosaurus...

    But seriously folks, the right film told with these "inside the movie"
    techniques could be quite an experience, if it's a good story. Maybe the sad
    truth that Spielberg is trying to tell us is that the only way to get people
    to go out to the movies is to give them these sensory explosion experiences
    that the DVD can't provide.

    ....Curtin/Dobbs

    Curtin/Dobbs, Oct 12, 2005

  3. RobMac

    Fuzzy Wuzzy Guest

    "Curtin/Dobbs" <> wrote in message

    > "RobMac" <> wrote in message
    >> http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/spielberg looking to the future

    > SPIELBERG LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
    >
    > 12/10/2005 13:55
    >
    > Hollywood movie mogul STEVEN SPIELBERG has invented technology he calls
    > "the
    > future of cinema" - and he promises the new film experience will *suck*
    > audiences into the heart of the action.
    >
    > ...Or, if it's a bad movie, it'll just *suck* ...
    >
    > The SAVING PRIVATE RYAN director is working on advanced screening
    > technology, but insists he is looking to build on the things that made
    > cinema great in the past, rather than altering it forever.
    >
    > ...Oh, good, I thought Spielberg was planning on changing everything all
    > by
    > himself, just because he can....
    >

    > He tells the Hollywood Reporter, "A good movie will bring you inside of
    > itself just by the sheer brilliance of the director/writer/production
    > staff."
    >
    > ...Of course, but you don't need all the whiz bang stuff...
    >

    > "But in the future, you will physically be inside the experience, which
    > will
    > surround you top, bottom, on all sides."
    >
    > ...Well, this would make Russ Meyer films even more enjoyable...
    >

    > "I've invented it, but because patent is pending, I can't discuss it right
    > now."
    >
    > ...Aw, come on Steve, tell us more about it. It kind of reminds me of that
    > old Monty Python sketch about the guy with the theory about the
    > brontosaurus...

    It was a woman (played by a man) :p

    Fuzzy Wuzzy, Oct 13, 2005