    business from those who already purchased the first version? Makes me
    glad I've mostly resisted the recent spate of Marvel-based movies (who
    knows whether this might not happen to Daredevil, Hulk, or even X2).
    karlpov, Dec 30, 2003

  2. karlpov

    Shadowhawk Guest

    As far as rumors on the internet go... it's a pretty safe bet that a new
    Spider-man DVD is in the works. I don't know if there has been an official
    anouncement. Even when the first DVD came out, there was talk of another DVD
    that might follow.

    As for Daredevil, a Special R-Rated Director's Cut is in the works.

    Later,
    Shaun!
    --------

    Check out my Homepage
    http://Shadowhawk27.tripod.com/

    delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!
    Shadowhawk, Dec 30, 2003

  3. karlpov

    napalm68 Guest

    Scum. Nearly as bad as anchor bay. I did see the spidey dvd announced at
    dark horizons, although they are often inaccurate on dvds

    napalm68, Dec 30, 2003
  4. karlpov

    profft Guest

    Well if it has an extended/enhanced rain scene I'll consider it, best damned
    part of the movie

    profft, Dec 30, 2003
  5. karlpov

    Peter Guest

    Well even if it was, just don't buy it (if you had gotten the first one).

    I bought princess bride, then 6 months later, they came out with a
    special edition with all these extras. Same with Iron Giant. (that was
    like a year or so later).
    Thank you George Lucas for starting this trend of re-releasing movies. Sigh.

    If I already have a copy, I won't buy the movie yet again. I got tired
    of that with all the Star Wars releases. I did however consider getting
    the indy boxset, however I already have the first first and last movie
    on tape... I'll wait until they wear down.

    --
    Please help stop Forced Trailers on DVD's
    Please sign the Petition at
    Peter, Dec 30, 2003
  6. karlpov

    Justin Guest

    Peter wrote on [Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:12:04 -0500]:
    > Well even if it was, just don't buy it (if you had gotten the first one).
    >
    > I bought princess bride, then 6 months later, they came out with a
    > special edition with all these extras. Same with Iron Giant. (that was
    > like a year or so later).

    The Iron Giant SE has been released?
    Justin, Dec 30, 2003
  7. karlpov

    Jordan Lund Guest

    ospam (Shadowhawk) wrote in message news:<>...

    > As for Daredevil, a Special R-Rated Director's Cut is in the works.

    I wonder if that's going to be the one where Murdock is actually a
    defense attorney instead of a prosecutor? ;^)

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Dec 30, 2003
  8. karlpov

    napalm68 Guest

    Yeah, but if it has an extended Kirsten Dunst wet tshirt scene I'll just
    HAVE to buy it :p

    napalm68, Dec 30, 2003
  9. karlpov

    Jay G Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote...
    > Peter wrote on [Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:12:04 -0500]:
    > > I bought princess bride, then 6 months later, they came out with a
    > > special edition with all these extras. Same with Iron Giant. (that was
    > > like a year or so later).

    > The Iron Giant SE has been released?

    Only in R3 as far as I know (That's the copy that I got).

    -Jay
    Jay G, Dec 31, 2003
  10. I think I heard a Superbit version is going to be released, not an
    enhanced edition. So, people that want it in DTS, would get it but I
    don't see that many compression problems with the current version to
    justify the increased bitrate version.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Dec 31, 2003
  11. Justin wrote:
    > Peter wrote on [Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:12:04 -0500]:
    >
    >>Well even if it was, just don't buy it (if you had gotten the first one).
    >>
    >>I bought princess bride, then 6 months later, they came out with a
    >>special edition with all these extras. Same with Iron Giant. (that was
    >>like a year or so later).

    > The Iron Giant SE has been released?

    Yes, but only in Korea to date.
    Tallulah Blanket, Dec 31, 2003
  12. karlpov

    starblood Guest

    "profft" <> wrote in message

    > Well if it has an extended/enhanced rain scene I'll consider it, best

    damned
    > part of the movie

    Very true. Nice of them to place a chapter stop right at the beginning.

    But seriously, what else can they possibly put on this DVD that wasn't on
    the first?
    starblood, Dec 31, 2003
  13. karlpov

    Andrew Venor Guest

    starblood wrote:
    > "profft" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Well if it has an extended/enhanced rain scene I'll consider it, best

    > damned
    >
    >>part of the movie

    > Very true. Nice of them to place a chapter stop right at the beginning.
    >
    > But seriously, what else can they possibly put on this DVD that wasn't on
    > the first?

    Trailers and promos for the sequel.

    ALV
    Andrew Venor, Dec 31, 2003
  14. In article <>,
    (Jordan Lund) wrote:

    > > As for Daredevil, a Special R-Rated Director's Cut is in the works.

    > I wonder if that's going to be the one where Murdock is actually a
    > defense attorney instead of a prosecutor? ;^)

    Sigh. We had this discussion in the comics newsgroup. While it's not
    clear in the film, all the pieces fit if you figure Murdock is
    representing the rape victim in a civil suit -- not a criminal trial.
    That even explains why she's at the table with him and doesn't
    contradict a single line of dialogue.
    John C. Baker, Jan 1, 2004