    trying to tell me to put accents on all my vowels, and change English words
    to French words. Oh, did I mention, I have never spoken, written, or typed a
    word of French in my life! Thanks ahead of time.
    Slytherin, Sep 8, 2007

  2. Slytherin

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 05:45:46 GMT, Slytherin wrote:

    Not very original, 'Slytherin',

    Not a daft update issue is it? Seem to recall an Office 2007 issue, a
    quick Google about www.google.com

    >I have Windows XP Media Center Edition installed, and every time I perform a
    >spell check in any of my word processing, powerpoint, excel, e-mail
    >programs, the checker keeps trying to tell me that every single word is

    finds,

    Dgoldman's WebLog : How to fix the Outlook Express spelling ...
    I also noticed that I was unable to change it back to the English
    dictionary. ... default in French. Fix: Have the student open their MS
    Office word 2007> ...
    http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/arch...tlook-express-spelling-checker-when-the-frenc...
    - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

    Australian to U.S. English in Microsoft Word -- the solution ...
    Maybe the unicode text format defaults to French for Word. dunno. ....
    I'm in Canada, so same problem with the default US English as you guys.
    www.kashum.com/blog/1087476051 - 59k - Cached - Similar pages

    On the status bar (Word 2003 for example, you didn't say what word
    processing program or e-mail , you only mentioned 2 by name) opening a
    blank document (default template, for me says)

    English (U.K.)

    If you double click on whatever language it says (you didn't mention)
    you may want to enable/disable - Detect language automatically.

    You can also then select the language then click Default and it apply
    the selected language to the normal.dot template.

    You may also want to find and rename the existing normal.dot, if it's
    defaulted to the wrong language and then let it be recreated.

    [ Visio 2003 has it own regional options from the tools menu, and almost
    nothing to select for spelling]

    You will have to check the Tools / Options for each application you use,
    In the case of the MS stuff, backup / rename the current templates and
    let them build a new default one since you made the changes you mention
    next.

    >incorrect, and that I should be typing my documents out in French, as that
    >is the language the dictionary is set to. I have gone into the Regional and
    >Language Settings and confirmed that my computer has the following
    >dictionaries installed: English (Canada) (default) and English (U.S.). I

    This will be control panel / regional then.

    >don't understand why the spell checker is using a french language
    >dictionary, and why the checker is ignoring the fact that the system is set
    >to English (Canada), and I have English (U.S.) as secondary, and as far as I
    >know don't have a French language dictionary installed, and when I go to
    >change it to english in the options it doesn't let me delete it, change it,

    Goto what options?

    <snip>

    There are MS specific newsgroups, it may be an odd regional thing as you
    also didn't mention what language ver XP MCE is, the only 2 I tend to
    see are English US and English non US (UK) , which is okay for me.
    Assuming I remember the MS box labels from years ago.

    Office newsgroups
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607412&expand=1

    Word newsgroups
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33606782&expand=1

    Powerpoint
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607882&expand=1

    Me
    why?, Sep 8, 2007

  3. Slytherin

    Slytherin Guest

> [...]

    > This will be control panel / regional then.
    >
    >>don't understand why the spell checker is using a french language
    >>dictionary, and why the checker is ignoring the fact that the system is
    >>set
    >>to English (Canada), and I have English (U.S.) as secondary, and as far as
    >>know don't have a French language dictionary installed, and when I go to
    >>change it to english in the options it doesn't let me delete it, change
    >>it,

    > Goto what options?
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > There are MS specific newsgroups, it may be an odd regional thing as you
    > also didn't mention what language ver XP MCE is, the only 2 I tend to
    > see are English US and English non US (UK) , which is okay for me.
    > Assuming I remember the MS box labels from years ago.

    Don't remember if I mentioned during my original post, I also have Office
    Home & Student 2007 (with Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Excel) they all
    keep doing spell checks in French, even though I have the default language
    in the Office 2007 settings set to English (Canada) with English (U.S.) as
    "secondary." Also, I have the Windows Regional and Language Settings set to
    English (Canada) as default and English (U.S.) as secondary. Is there an
    update for Office 2007 or something, because I've been to the Microsoft
    Update site several times, and it keeps saying (both urgent (Hi Priority)
    and optional) that there are no updates available. Is someone trying to
    referr me to a different newsgroup?
    Slytherin, Sep 8, 2007
  4. Slytherin

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 19:09:44 GMT, Slytherin wrote:

    Some reply right at the bottom without snipping either.

    >> On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 05:45:46 GMT, Slytherin wrote:
    >>
    >> Not very original, 'Slytherin',
    >>
    >> Not a daft update issue is it? Seem to recall an Office 2007 issue, a
    >> quick Google about www.google.com
    >>
    >>>I have Windows XP Media Center Edition installed, and every time I perform
    >>>spell check in any of my word processing, powerpoint, excel, e-mail
    >>>programs, the checker keeps trying to tell me that every single word is

    >> finds,
    >>
    >> Dgoldman's WebLog : How to fix the Outlook Express spelling ...
    >> I also noticed that I was unable to change it back to the English
    >> dictionary. ... default in French. Fix: Have the student open their MS
    >> Office word 2007> ...
    >> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/arch...tlook-express-spelling-checker-when-the-frenc...
    >> - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

    <huge snip>

    >> Me

    >Don't remember if I mentioned during my original post, I also have Office

    Check,
    a) your outbox,
    b) 24hshd from,
    c) http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
    using the message ID - eGqEi.139299$rX4.90637@pd7urf2no
    d) 24hshd from your usenet provider

    >Home & Student 2007 (with Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Excel) they all
    >keep doing spell checks in French, even though I have the default language

    No you didn't. Why not?

    How easy do you want this, a few searches and some reading.

    You will have noticed I guesed 2007 anyway.

    You did try the URL provides, despite paste from google breaking it

    http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/arch...french-dictionary-is-the-only-dictionary.aspx
    or shorter
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/397p4x

    It's the 1st hit if you www.google.com for

    Dgoldman's WebLog : How to fix the Outlook Express spelling ...

    In case of difficulty, part of the blog post is, nut you could read it
    yourself......

    How to fix the Outlook Express spelling checker when the French
    Dictionary is the only dictionary

    A few days ago I was working on a new laptop and I noticed that after I
    installed Office 2007 the English dictionary in Outlook Express had been
    changed to the French dictionary. I also noticed that I was unable to
    change it back to the English dictionary. I have been able to fix this
    in the past by just going in to Outlook and selecting the dictionary
    that I wanted to use, and it would take care of this for Outlook Express
    as well.

    <snip>

    # re: How to fix the Outlook Express spelling checker when the French
    Dictionary is the only dictionary

    Thank you so much!

    i had the same problem... installed office 2k7 and outlook express only
    had a french dictionary.

    this did the trick however

    >in the Office 2007 settings set to English (Canada) with English (U.S.) as
    >"secondary." Also, I have the Windows Regional and Language Settings set to
    >English (Canada) as default and English (U.S.) as secondary. Is there an

    Doesn't help how many times you do that. Lots of people had the same
    problem, hence the original -

    Not a daft update issue is it? Seem to recall an Office 2007 issue, a
    quick Google about www.google.com

    >update for Office 2007 or something, because I've been to the Microsoft
    >Update site several times, and it keeps saying (both urgent (Hi Priority)
    >and optional) that there are no updates available. Is someone trying to
    >referr me to a different newsgroup?

    Yes, I inclused URL for Google Groups pointing you to the MS specific
    Office product newsgroups for an MS Office query,

    This is only 1 group search out of the

    microsoft.public.office (16 groups)
    5 results for french dictionary

    microsoft.public.word (40 groups)
    2 results for french dictionary

    microsoft.public.powerpoint (1 group)
    12 results for french dictionary

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
    groups filter - microsoft.public.*
    all of the words - french dictionary 2007

    Groups View all web results » Results 1 - 10 of 18 for french
    dictionary 2007 group:microsoft.public.*

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,010,000 English pages for french dictionary
    office 2007. (0.12 seconds)

    Lost English Outlook Express 6 dictionary after Word 2007 install ...
    After installing Office 2007 I lost the English dictionary for Outlook
    express 6 and have only French in OE6 and Word 2007. When I installed
    Office.
    http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/559595-lost-english-outlook-express-6-a.html
    - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

    Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    Microsoft Office Setup.
    www.mcse.ms/message2393093.html - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

    Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French ...
    Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary,
    Office Setup, Office Online offers how-to articles, downloads,
    templates, clip art, ...
    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=661876 - 47k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Outlook Express spellcheck now French dictionary?? - Tech Help ...
    Re: Outlook Express spellcheck now French dictionary? ... Is there any
    way to get Outlook Express to 'see' the Office 2007 spell check
    dictionary? ...
    www.cyberwalker.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/2682/ - 48k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Sep 9, 2007
  5. Slytherin

    PKSon Guest

> [...]

    > - 49k - Cached - Similar pages
    >

    > Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    > Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    > Microsoft Office Setup.
    > www.mcse.ms/message2393093.html - 65k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French ...
    > Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary,
    > Office Setup, Office Online offers how-to articles, downloads,
    > templates, clip art, ...
    > http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=661876 - 47k - Cached -
    > Similar pages
    >
    > Outlook Express spellcheck now French dictionary?? - Tech Help ...
    > Re: Outlook Express spellcheck now French dictionary? ... Is there any
    > way to get Outlook Express to 'see' the Office 2007 spell check

    as a matter of fact, i did try ALL the links you provided, AND NON OF THEM
    WORKED!
    PKSon, Sep 10, 2007
  6. Slytherin

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:08:01 GMT, "PKSon" <>
    wrote:

    >as a matter of fact, i did try ALL the links you provided, AND NON OF THEM
    >WORKED!

    Please trim unnecessary text from your reply. There's no need to quote
    4 levels deep and 170 lines to add one line.
    Evan Platt, Sep 10, 2007
  7. Slytherin

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:08:01 GMT, PKSon wrote:

    Something away at the bottom of 165 lines, adding 8 blank and 2 lines of
    text with no snipping.

    >> On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 19:09:44 GMT, Slytherin wrote:
    >>
    >> Some reply right at the bottom without snipping either.
    >>

    >>>"why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> Lost English Outlook Express 6 dictionary after Word 2007 install ...
    >> After installing Office 2007 I lost the English dictionary for Outlook
    >> express 6 and have only French in OE6 and Word 2007. When I installed
    >> Office.
    >> http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/559595-lost-english-outlook-express-6-a.html
    >> - 49k - Cached - Similar pages
    >>

    >> Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    >> Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    >> Microsoft Office Setup.
    >> www.mcse.ms/message2393093.html - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

    <snip>

    >> Me

    >as a matter of fact, i did try ALL the links you provided, AND NON OF THEM
    >WORKED!

    Wouldn't have known you tried until you said so. Stop shouting and learn
    to snip.

    Then ask in the MS newsgroups, saying you tried <include links as
    examples> and you still have this problem.

    Also note I am not stopping you looking for other links, you have had
    plenty of examples of what to search for and changing the words in a
    Google search.

    Me
    why?, Sep 10, 2007
  8. Slytherin

    nobody > Guest

    PKSon wrote:>>

    8<snippages>8

    >> Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    >> Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary
    >> Microsoft Office Setup.
    >> www.mcse.ms/message2393093.html - 65k - Cached - Similar pages
    >>
    >> Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French ...
    >> Since installing Office 2007, Outlook Express has French dictionary,
    >> Office Setup, Office Online offers how-to articles, downloads,
    >> templates, clip art, ...
    >> http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=661876 - 47k - Cached -
    >> Similar pages
    >>
    >> Outlook Express spellcheck now French dictionary?? - Tech Help ...
    >> Re: Outlook Express spellcheck now French dictionary? ... Is there any
    >> way to get Outlook Express to 'see' the Office 2007 spell check
    >> dictionary? ...
    >> www.cyberwalker.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/2682/ - 48k - Cached -
    >> Similar pages
    >>

    >> Me

    > as a matter of fact, i did try ALL the links you provided, AND NON OF THEM
    > WORKED!

    You have another problem, then, They all worked here.
    nobody >, Sep 11, 2007
  9. Slytherin

    PKSon Guest

    <snip>

    >>as a matter of fact, i did try ALL the links you provided, AND NON OF THEM
    >>WORKED!
    >>

    > Wouldn't have known you tried until you said so. Stop shouting and learn
    > to snip.
    >
    > Then ask in the MS newsgroups, saying you tried <include links as
    > examples> and you still have this problem.
    >
    > Also note I am not stopping you looking for other links, you have had
    > plenty of examples of what to search for and changing the words in a
    > Google search.
    >
    > Me

    Sorry for the frustration, I guess my firewall was blocking the websites at
    the time, and I have fixed the problem. Sorry for any screaming, and i will
    learn to snip a little more often.
    PKSon, Sep 15, 2007
  10. Slytherin

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 03:18:17 GMT, PKSon wrote:

    ><snip>
    >>>
    >>>as a matter of fact, i did try ALL the links you provided, AND NON OF THEM
    >>>WORKED!
    >>>

    >> Wouldn't have known you tried until you said so. Stop shouting and learn
    >> to snip.
    >>
    >> Then ask in the MS newsgroups, saying you tried <include links as
    >> examples> and you still have this problem.
    >>
    >> Also note I am not stopping you looking for other links, you have had
    >> plenty of examples of what to search for and changing the words in a
    >> Google search.
    >>
    >> Me

    >Sorry for the frustration, I guess my firewall was blocking the websites at
    >the time, and I have fixed the problem. Sorry for any screaming, and i will
    >learn to snip a little more often.

    Fair enough, it's also a good idea to post back what worked. Then the
    next time someone has the same issue the problem description (has
    vanished) will be found next to the solution.

    Me
    why?, Sep 15, 2007