    those spelling checkers at hand.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Michael
    Michelangelo Verso Jr., Oct 17, 2004

  2. Michelangelo Verso Jr.

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:51:54 +0200, "Michelangelo Verso Jr."
    <> wrote:

    >Hi to all !
    >

    >I have a simple question:
    >
    >Can anyone tell me if the Mozilla e-mail client supports spelling checkers for German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and English (and where
    >eventually to download them) or the same spelling checkers used with Netscape Comunicator 4.51 ?
    >(Are they compatible with each other ?)
    >
    >Till now I have been using Netscape Comunicator 4.51 mainly for this reason and never wanted to upgrade because it is very handy to have
    >those spelling checkers at hand.
    >

    >Many thanks in advance,
    >
    >Michael

    Hi Michael,
    I can tell you how it is done with Thunderbird and that is to open
    TB, click on 'Write', click anywhere within the body of the message
    and then select the Spellcheck, you will see at the bottom left of the
    box which open under the heading 'Language' is displayed the default
    dictionary, click on this and in the drop down menu is 'Download
    More'. Click on this and it will take you to the web page, right click
    on the version you need and select 'Save Link as' and choose eg.
    'Desktop'. Now close the blank e-mail and go to TB/Tools/Extensions,
    click on 'Install'. navigate to where you have saved the dictionary
    and install it.

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 18, 2004