    Guess what still no spellchecker.
    Any suggestions?
    Charlie
    cc, Dec 30, 2003

  2. cc wrote:
    > I am using SUSE Linux 9.0. I have installed Mozilla 1.5 and went to the
    > Mozilla Cafe site to get the spell checker.
    > Guess what still no spellchecker.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Charlie

    Thunderbird ;)

    --
    Brian
    : : b r i a n : :, Dec 30, 2003

  3. : : b r i a n : : wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    >
    >> I am using SUSE Linux 9.0. I have installed Mozilla 1.5 and went to the
    >> Mozilla Cafe site to get the spell checker.
    >> Guess what still no spellchecker.
    >> Any suggestions?
    >> Charlie
    >>

    > Thunderbird ;)

    1.5 has a built in spellchecker, as noted in the Release Notes:

    http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.5/README.html#new

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > 1.5 has a built in spellchecker, as noted in the Release Notes:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.5/README.html#new

    I don't use the Suite or keep up with it, but I did know they were going
    to add the spell-checker in one day.

    I do find it humorous that the spell-checker loves to point out that I
    have incorrectly spelled Thunderbird and Firebird, and recommends
    Thunder bird and Fire bird as replacements.

    --
    Brian
    : : b r i a n : :, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Spell-checker sucks anyway.

    Seems like the dictionary pretty much sucks in the spell-checker anyway...

    Here's another word it doesn't recognize:

    realtor

    According to the "spell-checker" I most likely meant to say:

    reactor
    real tor

    --
    Brian
    : : b r i a n : :, Dec 31, 2003
  6. cc

    cc Guest

    Re: Spell-checker sucks anyway.

    Yes, very true. I have Mozilla on my XPPro box and it does that a lot. Maybe
    I will just go Netscape.
    Charlie

    cc, Dec 31, 2003
  7. cc

    Nobody Guest

    Re: Spell-checker sucks anyway.

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:53:14 -0500, : : b r i a n : :
    <> wrote:

    >Seems like the dictionary pretty much sucks in the spell-checker anyway...
    >
    >Here's another word it doesn't recognize:
    >
    >realtor
    >
    >According to the "spell-checker" I most likely meant to say:
    >
    >reactor
    >real tor

    Then just add it/them as an entry in your "personal" dictionary and
    they'll be recognized in future usage.

    Hey, I even disagree with published dictionaries (the ones in books!)
    occasionally but I don't throw them out.
    Nobody, Jan 4, 2004
  8. cc

    Tono Guest

    Nobody wrote:

    > On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:53:14 -0500, : : b r i a n : :
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Seems like the dictionary pretty much sucks in the spell-checker anyway...
    >>
    >>Here's another word it doesn't recognize:
    >>
    >>realtor
    >>
    >>According to the "spell-checker" I most likely meant to say:
    >>
    >>reactor
    >>real tor

    > Then just add it/them as an entry in your "personal" dictionary and
    > they'll be recognized in future usage.
    >
    > Hey, I even disagree with published dictionaries (the ones in books!)
    > occasionally but I don't throw them out.

    At least now it seems to be learning and making use of the personal
    dictionary.
    Tono, Jan 4, 2004
  9. Leonidas Jones schrieb:

    > : : b r i a n : : wrote:
    >
    >> cc wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am using SUSE Linux 9.0. I have installed Mozilla 1.5 and went to the
    >>> Mozilla Cafe site to get the spell checker.
    >>> Guess what still no spellchecker.
    >>> Any suggestions?
    >>> Charlie
    >>>

    >> Thunderbird ;)
    >>

    > 1.5 has a built in spellchecker, as noted in the Release Notes:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.5/README.html#new
    >
    > Lee

    I might be a bit exotic but on the german version of the Mozilla
    installation there is only an installation possible when you are making
    a customer defined installation. So if you want a spell checker you need
    to deinstall Mozilla and reinstall it customized.

    Hans Rudolf Zimmermann

    Hans Rudolf Zimmermann, Jan 29, 2004