    I have a brand new E machine XP home.
    Thanks,
    mal
    malicet, Feb 12, 2005

  2. malicet

    Old Gringo Guest

    malicet wrote:
    > How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
    > I have a brand new E machine XP home.
    > Thanks,
    > mal

    Outlook Express does not come with a spell checker. Other software
    is required such as MS Word etc.
    Here is just what you may need:
    http://tinyurl.com/enb2

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Feb 12, 2005

  3. malicet

    malicet Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > malicet wrote:
    >> How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
    >> I have a brand new E machine XP home.
    >> Thanks,
    >> mal

    > Outlook Express does not come with a spell checker. Other software is
    > required such as MS Word etc.
    > Here is just what you may need:
    > http://tinyurl.com/enb2
    > --
    > Old Gringo George
    > Magic Weaver Of Life
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

    Thanks but I do have MS word. My spellchecker works there, just not in OE.
    Is there something else I must have?
    thanks, mal

    malicet, Feb 12, 2005
  4. malicet

    Bill P Guest

    "malicet" <> wrote in message
    > How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
    > I have a brand new E machine XP home.
    > Thanks,
    > mal

    I assume that you have already tried the following without success.

    Tools/Options/Spelling/Always check spelling etc.

    Regards
    Bill
    Bill P, Feb 12, 2005
  5. malicet

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Bill P" <> wrote in message

    | "malicet" <> wrote in message
    | > How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
    | > I have a brand new E machine XP home.
    | > Thanks,
    | > mal
    | >

    | I assume that you have already tried the following without success.
    |
    | Tools/Options/Spelling/Always check spelling etc.

    That won't help if there is no MS compatible spell checker installed. OE and
    XP do not have their own spell checker. OE needs one from MS Word, MS Works,
    or another MS program containing a spell checker, or a third party app.
    Toolman Tim, Feb 12, 2005
  6. malicet

    Bill P Guest

    She has Word and the spellchecker works OK there.

    Bill P, Feb 12, 2005
  7. malicet

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yup - sorry. Missed that post ;o)

    "Bill P" <> wrote in message
    | She has Word and the spellchecker works OK there.
    |
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Bill P" <> wrote in message
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Feb 12, 2005
  8. malicet

    Bill P Guest

    He/She ?

    Bill P, Feb 12, 2005
  9. malicet

    Old Gringo Guest

    malicet wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>malicet wrote:
    >>
    >>>How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
    >>>I have a brand new E machine XP home.
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>mal

    >>Outlook Express does not come with a spell checker. Other software is
    >>required such as MS Word etc.
    >>Here is just what you may need:
    >>http://tinyurl.com/enb2
    >> --
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

    > Thanks but I do have MS word. My spellchecker works there, just not in OE.
    > Is there something else I must have?
    > thanks, mal

    Shouldn't need anything more. Check the settings in OE as per the

    Old Gringo, Feb 12, 2005
  10. malicet

    malicet Guest

    Hehheh - She --- thanks guys.