Spellchecker in OE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tcg, May 31, 2005.

  1. tcg

    tcg Guest

    "Norma" <> wrote in message
    news:2R0ne.3369$...
    > I have Windows XP with OE as my email and newsgroup reader. My

    spellchecker

    http://tinyurl.com/8ynuq
    tcg, May 31, 2005

  2. tcg

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:07:08 -0600, "Norma" <> wrote:

    >I have Windows XP with OE as my email and newsgroup reader. My spellchecker
    >in the latest version of OE doesn't seem to be working most of the time?
    >What am I doing or what should I do to make it work?
    >
    >Norma

    A registered spell checker is required for Outlook Express spell checker to work.
    Usually, Microsoft Office provides this. However, there are others that will also work.

    Try/Buy
    http://www.spellchecker.com/personal/Home_Personal_directory_page.htm#OE

    Free
    http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

    Outlook Express Issues, Spell Check:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm

    OLEXP: Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178238

    OLEXP: Spelling Checker Does Not Run on Message in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

    Spell Checking does not work in Outlook Express
    http://mvps.org/PracticallyNerded/OE/OE_Spell check.htm

    Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
    'an error occurred while the spelling was being checked'
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

    Norma, May 31, 2005
  4. tcg

    Norma Guest

    "tcg" <> wrote in message

    > "Norma" <> wrote in message
    >> I have Windows XP with OE as my email and newsgroup reader. My

    > spellchecker
    >> in the latest version of OE doesn't seem to be working most of the time?
    >> What am I doing or what should I do to make it work?
    >>
    >> Norma
    >>

    > http://tinyurl.com/8ynuq

    Thank you very much.

    Norma
    Norma, May 31, 2005
  5. tcg

    Norma Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:07:08 -0600, "Norma" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have Windows XP with OE as my email and newsgroup reader. My
    >>spellchecker
    >>in the latest version of OE doesn't seem to be working most of the time?
    >>What am I doing or what should I do to make it work?
    >>
    >>Norma
    >>

    > A registered spell checker is required for Outlook Express spell checker
    > to work.
    > Usually, Microsoft Office provides this. However, there are others that
    > will also work.
    >
    > Try/Buy
    > http://www.spellchecker.com/personal/Home_Personal_directory_page.htm#OE
    >
    > Free
    > http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/
    >

    > Outlook Express Issues, Spell Check:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm
    >
    > OLEXP: Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors in Outlook Express
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178238
    >
    > OLEXP: Spelling Checker Does Not Run on Message in Outlook Express
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
    >
    > Spell Checking does not work in Outlook Express
    > http://mvps.org/PracticallyNerded/OE/OE_Spell check.htm
    >
    > Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
    > 'an error occurred while the spelling was being checked'
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

    Thank you.

    Norma
    Norma, May 31, 2005
  6. tcg

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Jun 1, 2005
  7. tcg

    AnonyMouse Guest

    tcg wrote:
    > "Norma" <> wrote in message
    >> I have Windows XP with OE as my email and newsgroup reader. My

    > spellchecker
    >> in the latest version of OE doesn't seem to be working most of the
    >> time? What am I doing or what should I do to make it work?
    >>
    >> Norma
    >>

    > http://tinyurl.com/8ynuq

    Thank you too! It's amazing how much someone can help someone else who had
    the same problem but just tried to live without it find a solution...from
    someone else's problem! :)
    AnonyMouse, Jun 1, 2005
  8. tcg

    Guest

    AnonyMouse wrote:
    > tcg wrote:
    > > "Norma" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have Windows XP with OE as my email and newsgroup reader. My

    > > spellchecker
    > >> in the latest version of OE doesn't seem to be working most of the
    > >> time? What am I doing or what should I do to make it work?
    > >>
    > >> Norma
    > >>

    > > http://tinyurl.com/8ynuq

    > Thank you too! It's amazing how much someone can help someone else who had
    > the same problem but just tried to live without it find a solution...from
    > someone else's problem! :)

    Glad to be of help. Somehow I had lost my "Common File" option in the
    "My Computer" choice, so I used my original Blue Operating System dixc
    to scan all files, and then checked what was suggested above and it
    works!!

    Norma
    , Jun 2, 2005