    Office programs but not in Outlook Express. Any suggestions?

    Another quickie, how do I get my favorites list to list alphabetically?

    Thank you.
    =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Known issue, simple answer: OE is a 64-bit program. Office is 32-bit. 64-bit
    programs can't call 32-bit dlls, and 32-bit programs can't call 64-bit dlls,
    so no spell checking until there is a 64-bit version of Office. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Right click on the column of favourites and select 'sort by name'

    John Barnes, Oct 8, 2005
  4. Thats because the Office spell checker is 32-bit and Outlook Express is
    64-bit, you have wait until Office has native 64 bit version. For the
    Favorites, open c: drive, C:\Documents and Settings\username\Favorites right
    click an empty spot and choose arrange by name.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 8, 2005
  5. <GRIN>

    Both John AND I got in with the answer before you -- you're slipping Andre.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 8, 2005
  6. Limey lad wrote:
    > XP Pro 64 bit OS installed along with Office 2003. Spellcheckers works with
    > Office programs but not in Outlook Express. Any suggestions?

    Outlook Express has never had spell-checking capabilities of its own.
    Instead, it has always relied upon the presence of other Microsoft
    applications, such as the Office Suite, Word, or the Works _Suite_
    (which includes Word, not the regular Works). Unfortunately, though,
    the 64-bit version of OE cannot use the spell-checking feature of the
    32-bit Office applications. You can either wait for 64-bit versions of
    the Office applications, seek out a third-party spell-checker that works
    with the 64-bit version of OE, or use a third-party mail and news
    client, such as Thunderbird, that has its own spell-checking capability
    built-in.

    > Another quickie, how do I get my favorites list to list alphabetically?

    I'm assuming that you're referring to IE's favorites? If so, this
    hasn't changed from the 32-bit versions of IE. Simply open the
    Favorites menu (from the Menu bar at the top of the screen), right-click
    on it, and select "Sort by Name."

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Oct 8, 2005
  7. Dang, I was chatting on messenger! :(

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 8, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=

    VWWall Guest

    Limey lad wrote:
    > XP Pro 64 bit OS installed along with Office 2003. Spellcheckers works with
    > Office programs but not in Outlook Express. Any suggestions?

    Use Thunderbird! :)

    --
    Virg Wall
    VWWall, Oct 8, 2005