    the following Alert

    TypeError: dict:List[0] has no properties

    Can anyone help me with this?

    Brian Gotjunk, Aug 16, 2005

  2. Brian Gotjunk

    JamesMZ Guest

    This error is because you did not install a Dictionary. The dictionary
    site is linked to after installing the Spellbound front end and
    libraries on the install page.

    http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html

    The installed dictionaries do not show up in the extension manager as
    they are installed globally in application folder.

    JamesMZ, Aug 16, 2005

  3. "JamesMZ" <> wrote in message
    > This error is because you did not install a Dictionary. The dictionary
    > site is linked to after installing the Spellbound front end and
    > libraries on the install page.
    >
    > http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html
    >
    > The installed dictionaries do not show up in the extension manager as
    > they are installed globally in application folder.

    A dictionary came with Spellbound, and worked for awhile. When I downloaded
    the extension I noticed that there was a dictionary that downloaded as well,
    but you are right in that the dictionary no longer appears in the extension
    list.

    But now the extension is not finding the dictionary. I even uninstalled and
    downloaded and re-installed SpellBound and that hasn't solved my problem.

    Brian Gotjunk, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Brian Gotjunk

    JamesMZ Guest

    Well all I can say if the dictionary installed ok then spellbound
    should see the dictionary. Start up Spellbound and look at bottom left
    where is says "Language" and check the list to see if the language of
    the dictionary you installed is selected. I assume you are using
    Firefox 1.0.6

    On http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html

    "Note: Dictionaries must be installed with the proper privileges, i.e.
    with write access to the [installation directory]\components\myspell\
    directory.The dictionaries will not display as extensions (to verify
    installation, go to the Language menu in the spell checker)."

    As to why the dictionaries are no longer available directly from the
    install page. http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/faq#q503

    The SpellBound author is extremely busy at times working on
    Extensionmanager related bugs among others for the current Trunk/Branch
    nightlies and it takes work updating for different builds of Firefox
    (release/nightlies) and the Mozilla Suite and such.

    He said one time a short while ago that had a better version of
    spellbound in works but have not had time to finish it due to time and
    because it is boring enough to get things right.

    JamesMZ, Aug 18, 2005
  5. "JamesMZ" <> wrote in message
    > Well all I can say if the dictionary installed ok then spellbound
    > should see the dictionary. Start up Spellbound and look at bottom left
    > where is says "Language" and check the list to see if the language of
    > the dictionary you installed is selected. I assume you are using
    > Firefox 1.0.6
    >
    > On http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html
    >
    > "Note: Dictionaries must be installed with the proper privileges, i.e.
    > with write access to the [installation directory]\components\myspell\
    > directory.The dictionaries will not display as extensions (to verify
    > installation, go to the Language menu in the spell checker)."
    >

    > As to why the dictionaries are no longer available directly from the
    > install page. http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/faq#q503
    >
    > The SpellBound author is extremely busy at times working on
    > Extensionmanager related bugs among others for the current Trunk/Branch
    > nightlies and it takes work updating for different builds of Firefox
    > (release/nightlies) and the Mozilla Suite and such.
    >
    > He said one time a short while ago that had a better version of
    > spellbound in works but have not had time to finish it due to time and
    > because it is boring enough to get things right.

    In the language list there is nothing listed - only "downlaod more"

    That establishes that it is not seeing the default dictionary or even the
    Spell check libraries that I downloaded.

    there is no subfolder in my "[installation directory]\components\myspell\"
    but I changed the permissions on the components folder so that my user
    profile is added.

    Brian Gotjunk, Aug 18, 2005
  6. "JamesMZ" <> wrote in message
    > Well all I can say if the dictionary installed ok then spellbound
    > should see the dictionary. Start up Spellbound and look at bottom left
    > where is says "Language" and check the list to see if the language of
    > the dictionary you installed is selected. I assume you are using
    > Firefox 1.0.6
    >
    > On http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html
    >
    > "Note: Dictionaries must be installed with the proper privileges, i.e.
    > with write access to the [installation directory]\components\myspell\
    > directory.The dictionaries will not display as extensions (to verify
    > installation, go to the Language menu in the spell checker)."
    >

    > As to why the dictionaries are no longer available directly from the
    > install page. http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/faq#q503
    >
    > The SpellBound author is extremely busy at times working on
    > Extensionmanager related bugs among others for the current Trunk/Branch
    > nightlies and it takes work updating for different builds of Firefox
    > (release/nightlies) and the Mozilla Suite and such.
    >
    > He said one time a short while ago that had a better version of
    > spellbound in works but have not had time to finish it due to time and
    > because it is boring enough to get things right.

    OK, got it working now. I downloaded the dictionary again, and installed it
    so that it now appears in "[installation directory]\components\myspell\"

    Thank you for your help

    Brian Gotjunk, Aug 18, 2005