    I use Mozilla 1.7.2

    regards,
    Bill V.

    Fathergoose, Apr 9, 2005

  2. Fathergoose

    Roland Guest

    On 9-4-2005 20:07, Fathergoose wrote:
    > How do you make the email do a spell check before you send it
    > automatically?
    >
    > I have microsoft word on my computer and I assume that it uses it like
    > outlook express does but I can't find the way to have it do the check
    > automatically when you hit the send button like it does in outlook
    > express can do.
    >
    > Please help me, thanks for reading my post.
    > I use Mozilla 1.7.2
    >
    > regards,
    > Bill V.

    Verify that the checkbox at Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups >
    Composition > Check Spelling Before Sending is checked (on).
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Apr 9, 2005

  3. Fathergoose

    Fathergoose Guest

    Roland wrote:

    > On 9-4-2005 20:07, Fathergoose wrote:
    >
    >> How do you make the email do a spell check before you send it
    >> automatically?
    >>
    >> I have microsoft word on my computer and I assume that it uses it like
    >> outlook express does but I can't find the way to have it do the check
    >> automatically when you hit the send button like it does in outlook
    >> express can do.
    >>
    >> Please help me, thanks for reading my post.
    >> I use Mozilla 1.7.2
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> Bill V.

    > Verify that the checkbox at Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups >
    > Composition > Check Spelling Before Sending is checked (on).

    Wow, that was it evidently, because it was not checked!
    I thought I had been through it all but I missed that box....
    thank you for the help.
    and again I say, thank you for the help!

    regards,
    Bill V.

    Fathergoose, Apr 9, 2005
  4. Fathergoose

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Fathergoose wrote:

    > Roland wrote:
    >
    >> On 9-4-2005 20:07, Fathergoose wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do you make the email do a spell check before you send it
    >>> automatically?
    >>>
    >>> I have microsoft word on my computer and I assume that it uses it
    >>> like outlook express does but I can't find the way to have it do the
    >>> check automatically when you hit the send button like it does in
    >>> outlook express can do.
    >>>
    >>> Please help me, thanks for reading my post.
    >>> I use Mozilla 1.7.2
    >>>
    >>> regards,
    >>> Bill V.

    >> Verify that the checkbox at Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups >
    >> Composition > Check Spelling Before Sending is checked (on).

    > Wow, that was it evidently, because it was not checked!
    > I thought I had been through it all but I missed that box....
    > thank you for the help.
    > and again I say, thank you for the help!
    >
    > regards,
    > Bill V.

    And you really ought to upgrade to Mozilla 1.7.6 which has many bug
    fixes and security resolutions that your current version does not.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Fathergoose

    Fathergoose Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Fathergoose wrote:
    >
    >> Roland wrote:

    >>> Verify that the checkbox at Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups >
    >>> Composition > Check Spelling Before Sending is checked (on).

    >> Wow, that was it evidently, because it was not checked!
    >> I thought I had been through it all but I missed that box....
    >> thank you for the help.
    >> and again I say, thank you for the help!
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> Bill V.

    > And you really ought to upgrade to Mozilla 1.7.6 which has many bug
    > fixes and security resolutions that your current version does not.

    You know it's funny you mention that.
    i want to do that but I was unsure how to do it and not loose all of my
    browser bookmarks and such like that....maybe you would give me some
    tips?? <grins>
    No kidding I do need to do it.
    I thought I remember reading somewhere that you don't lose any settings
    but that you have to remove the current version of Mozilla from your
    computer BEFORE you install the newer version.
    Does that sound right?
    Where can I find detailed instructions for doing this?
    Please.
    thanks,
    Bill V.

    Fathergoose, Apr 10, 2005