spell checker

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ronald Fraser, May 22, 2009.

  1. outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    office 97 installed,what can i do
    Ronald Fraser, May 22, 2009

  2. Ronald Fraser

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 22 May 2009 00:41:23 +0100, "Ronald Fraser"
    <> wrote:

    > outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    >office 97 installed,what can i do

    Did it work before and now all of a sudden stop?

    Have you tried looking at any of the google results for outlook
    express spell check ?
    Evan Platt, May 22, 2009

  3. Ronald Fraser

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ronald Fraser wrote:
    > outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    > office 97 installed,what can i do

    OE + XP + Ofc 97 spellchecker works.

    OE + XP + other spellcheckers also works.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 22, 2009
  4. Ronald Fraser

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 22 May 2009 00:41:23 +0100, Ronald Fraser wrote:

    > outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    > office 97 installed,what can i do

    You should format your hard drive.

    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg
    Dan C, May 22, 2009
  5. Ronald Fraser

    Buffalo Guest

    Dan C wrote:

    > You should format your hard drive.

    You should circumcise your head.
    Have a terrible weekend.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, May 22, 2009
  6. Dan C wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 May 2009 00:41:23 +0100, Ronald Fraser wrote:
    >
    >> outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    >> office 97 installed,what can i do

    > You should format your hard drive.

    Ah this is English humour!
    Caulfield Man, May 22, 2009
  7. TompangBuddy.Com, May 22, 2009
  8. Ronald Fraser

    Jordon Guest

    Ronald Fraser wrote:
    > outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    > office 97 installed,what can i do

    Search the internet and download a file called CSAPI3T1.DLL.
    Put it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof.

    --
    Jordon
    Jordon, May 22, 2009
  9. Ronald Fraser

    Mike Litoris Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 22 May 2009 00:41:23 +0100, Ronald Fraser wrote:
    >
    >> outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    >> office 97 installed,what can i do

    > You should format your hard drive.

    Nah, the only thing he needs is a harder drive.
    Mike Litoris, May 22, 2009
  10. Ronald Fraser

    VanguardLH Guest

    Ronald Fraser wrote:

    > outlook express spell checker wont work with XP Pro ,i have microsoft
    > office 97 installed,what can i do

    Outlook Express is included in the install of Windows XP Professional so
    the two work just fine together. That you installed Office might've
    caused a problem; however, was it really Office 97 or Office 2007 that
    you installed?

    If you actually installed Office 2007:

    Outlook Express never came with a spelling checker. It borrowed the
    spelling files from Word. However, with Word 2007, Outlook Express
    cannot use the English, German, or Spanish spelling files; read
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932974. You'll need to
    find a 3rd party spell checker for Outlook Express. Some are free.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"outlook+express"+%2Bspellcheck

    If you uninstalled Word, well, now you know why OE can't borrow those
    spelling files because they're gone.
    VanguardLH, May 22, 2009
  11. Ronald Fraser

    Jordon Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:
    > If you actually installed Office 2007:
    >
    > Outlook Express never came with a spelling checker. It borrowed the
    > spelling files from Word. However, with Word 2007, Outlook Express
    > cannot use the English, German, or Spanish spelling files; read
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932974. You'll need to
    > find a 3rd party spell checker for Outlook Express. Some are free.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"outlook+express"+%2Bspellcheck
    >
    > If you uninstalled Word, well, now you know why OE can't borrow those
    > spelling files because they're gone.

    He did say Office 97, which I've been using for the last 10 years.
    And every time I've installed it on an XP machine I found that it
    needed CSAPI3T1.DLL in the
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof folder to work
    correctly.
    Google... office 97 outlook express spell check

    --
    Jordon
    Jordon, May 22, 2009
  12. Ronald Fraser

    VanguardLH Guest

    Jordon wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote:
    >> If you actually installed Office 2007:
    >>
    >> Outlook Express never came with a spelling checker. It borrowed the
    >> spelling files from Word. However, with Word 2007, Outlook Express
    >> cannot use the English, German, or Spanish spelling files; read
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932974. You'll need to
    >> find a 3rd party spell checker for Outlook Express. Some are free.
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"outlook+express"+%2Bspellcheck
    >>
    >> If you uninstalled Word, well, now you know why OE can't borrow those
    >> spelling files because they're gone.

    > He did say Office 97, which I've been using for the last 10 years.

    But users do make mistakes, like entering 97 instead of 2007. Wanted to
    make sure. Won't know for sure until the OP returns, if that happens.

    > And every time I've installed it on an XP machine I found that it
    > needed CSAPI3T1.DLL in the
    > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof folder to work
    > correctly.
    > Google... office 97 outlook express spell check

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224176

    Doesn't provide a link to obtain the file. Might it not already be on
    the Office 97 installation CD inside perhaps a .cab file?
    VanguardLH, May 22, 2009
  13. Ronald Fraser

    Jordon Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:
    > Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> VanguardLH wrote:

    > But users do make mistakes, like entering 97 instead of 2007. Wanted to
    > make sure. Won't know for sure until the OP returns, if that happens.
    >
    >> And every time I've installed it on an XP machine I found that it
    >> needed CSAPI3T1.DLL in the
    >> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof folder to work
    >> correctly.
    >> Google... office 97 outlook express spell check

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224176
    >
    > Doesn't provide a link to obtain the file. Might it not already be on
    > the Office 97 installation CD inside perhaps a .cab file?

    You can find it in a Win 98 installation (of all places)...

    http://www.tweakxp.com/article37281.aspx

    Or you can download it here...

    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?csapi3t1

    --