    I used to get a Spell Checker with the older Windows systems. I now have XP
    and didn't get a Spell Checker. Why is that and how can I get a Spell
    Checker program?
    dah_dah, Jul 21, 2005

  2. dah_dah

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:50:46 GMT, "dah_dah" <> wrote:

    >I used to get a Spell Checker with the older Windows systems. I now have XP
    >and didn't get a Spell Checker. Why is that and how can I get a Spell
    >Checker program?

    A registered spell checker is required for Outlook Express spell checker to work.
    Usually, Microsoft Office provides this. However, there are others that will also work.

    Try/Buy
    http://www.spellchecker.com/personal/Home_Personal_directory_page.htm#OE

    Free
    http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

    Outlook Express Issues, Spell Check:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm

    OLEXP: Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178238

    OLEXP: Spelling Checker Does Not Run on Message in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

    Spell Checking does not work in Outlook Express
    http://mvps.org/PracticallyNerded/OE/OE_Spell check.htm

    Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
    'an error occurred while the spelling was being checked'
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm
    Unk, Jul 21, 2005

  3. dah_dah wrote:

    > I used to get a Spell Checker with the older Windows systems. I now have XP
    > and didn't get a Spell Checker. Why is that and how can I get a Spell
    > Checker program?

    Chances are you had Word/Office installed.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 21, 2005