    lack of spell check in outlook?

    Thanks,
    don

    don, Oct 17, 2005

  2. don wrote:
    > I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for
    > the lack of spell check in outlook?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > don

    Are you dual booting XP SP2 and XP x64? If so, there is a way, though it is
    not supported by MSFT. I found it to work fine though. Copy the XP SP2 OE
    directory to your Program Files (x86) directory, with one small change.
    Create a subdirectory say, x:\Program Files(x86)\OE 32\ and copy the files
    from the XP SP2 OE directory there. Then, place a shortcut on your desktop
    to the file msimn.exe from the OE 32 bit directory. Then run that one when
    you need to use a spell checker. :eek:)

    --
    Wayne Wastier
    Z-80 - AMD-64

    Wayne Wastier, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Wayne Wastier wrote:
    > don wrote:
    >> I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for
    >> the lack of spell check in outlook?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> don

    > Are you dual booting XP SP2 and XP x64? If so, there is a way, though
    > it is not supported by MSFT. I found it to work fine though. Copy
    > the XP SP2 OE directory to your Program Files (x86) directory, with
    > one small change. Create a subdirectory say, x:\Program Files(x86)\OE
    > 32\ and copy the files from the XP SP2 OE directory there. Then,
    > place a shortcut on your desktop to the file msimn.exe from the OE 32
    > bit directory. Then run that one when you need to use a spell
    > checker. :eek:)

    And of course, you need an Office component installed, such as Office XP
    Word, or XP Publisher.

    --
    Wayne Wastier
    Z-80 - AMD-64

    Wayne Wastier, Oct 17, 2005
  4. don

    don Guest

    Thanks for the info, however, I am no longer dual-booting, and as for
    office, I am using
    Star Office by Sun. I was hoping that there would be some from of add-on or
    third party
    software available now.
    until then, I will continue to compose my e-mail in Star. not as direct,
    but at least it works.
    Thanks,
    Don

    don, Oct 17, 2005
  5. "don" <> wrote in:

    > I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for the
    > lack of spell check in outlook?

    I haven't checked myself because I don't use either Outlook or Outlook
    Express but there are several add on spell checkers available, I wonder if
    anyone has found one that works on X64? Anyone??

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Oct 17, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 17, 2005
  7. don wrote:
    > I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for the
    > lack of spell check in outlook?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > don

    There is no lack of a spell-checker in Outlook. What specific problem
    are you having? At any rate, you'd have better luck seeking a solution
    in a newsgroup dedicated to either Outlook or Office; this is a WinXPx64
    news group.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: