    still want to send it no indication of a problem - the only choices are send
    or stop.

    Thanks for any insights!

    JW, May 24, 2005

  2. JW

    RBM Guest

    You have to have a program with a dictionary like Word, Works, or Office for
    spell check to work

    RBM, May 24, 2005

  3. JW

    JW Guest

    "RBM" <rbm2(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > You have to have a program with a dictionary like Word, Works, or Office
    > for spell check to work
    > "JW" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a new computer - windows XP home. Everything is working fine but
    >>there's no dictionary in outlook express. It gives me an error message if
    >>I even ttry to use the spell check function: "An error occurred while the
    >>spelling was being checked". If I instruct it to check spelling on all
    >>outgoing messages - I get a message saying it was halted and asking me if
    >>I still want to send it no indication of a problem - the only choices are
    >>send or stop.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any insights!

    I have Word but haven't used it much - will see if I need to reload part of
    it. Thanks.

    JW, May 24, 2005
  4. JW

    RBM Guest

    While in " outlook express" click tools-options, then see if spelling is
    listed. If you don't have a dictionary it won't even show up

    RBM, May 24, 2005
  5. JW

    > While in " outlook express" click tools-options, then see if spelling is
    > listed. If you don't have a dictionary it won't even show up

    "Spelling" shows up as an option but doesn't work.

    JW, May 25, 2005