    There must be something more than Contact. Anyway Jodie Foster is not
    a very good actor.

    C3+
    C3 +, Apr 26, 2010

  2. C3 +

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    C3 + <> wrote:
    >DVD group,
    >
    >I would like some recommedations for sciencefiction movies available
    >on DVD or Blu-ray. Anything good out there?
    >
    >There must be something more than Contact. Anyway Jodie Foster is not
    >a very good actor.
    >
    >C3+

    Contact?

    "Let's do the Time Warp again!"

    Well, lessee ... I hear Avatar is a pretty good flick. It's available on
    DVD or Blu-ray .... in fact, both in the same package.
    Mike S., Apr 26, 2010

  3. C3 +

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Doug Jacobs <> wrote:
    >Mike S. <> wrote:
    >> Well, lessee ... I hear Avatar is a pretty good flick. It's available on
    >> DVD or Blu-ray .... in fact, both in the same package.

    >Unfortunately, many blu-ray players - including many recently released
    >players - seem unable to handle whatever new-fangled version of blu-ray
    >software used for Avatar. I bet they tried to do something unsupported in
    >the menu system, which is causing the problems. *sigh* So much for just
    >being able to watch a movie nowadays, eh?
    >
    >Blu-ray has been out, what, 3 years? You'd think "The Standard" has been
    >solidified by now, yeah? I mean, does the frozen food industry insist we
    >upgrade our microwave oven's firmware every time they release a new frozen
    >entree product?

    The standard isn't the issue. It's Fux's insistence on ever-increasing
    complexity of copy protection.
    Mike S., Apr 29, 2010
  4. On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:51:39 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >C3 + <> wrote:
    >>DVD group,
    >>
    >>I would like some recommedations for sciencefiction movies available
    >>on DVD or Blu-ray. Anything good out there?
    >>
    >>There must be something more than Contact. Anyway Jodie Foster is not
    >>a very good actor.
    >>
    >>C3+

    >Contact?
    >
    >"Let's do the Time Warp again!"
    >
    >Well, lessee ... I hear Avatar is a pretty good flick. It's available on
    >DVD or Blu-ray .... in fact, both in the same package.

    This obvious troll did not deserve to be told of such a great title.

    www.imdb.com

    There are plenty of places to find everything from the classics to the
    ones that bombed.
    Son of a Sea Cook, Apr 30, 2010
  5. C3 +

    BarnCat Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:43:27 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >Doug Jacobs wrote:
    >> Mike S.<> wrote:
    >>> Well, lessee ... I hear Avatar is a pretty good flick. It's available on
    >>> DVD or Blu-ray .... in fact, both in the same package.

    >> Unfortunately, many blu-ray players - including many recently released
    >> players - seem unable to handle whatever new-fangled version of blu-ray
    >> software used for Avatar. I bet they tried to do something unsupported in
    >> the menu system, which is causing the problems. *sigh* So much for just
    >> being able to watch a movie nowadays, eh?
    >>
    >> Blu-ray has been out, what, 3 years? You'd think "The Standard" has been
    >> solidified by now, yeah? I mean, does the frozen food industry insist we
    >> upgrade our microwave oven's firmware every time they release a new frozen
    >> entree product?

    >Avatar has a updated copy protection scheme on the disc which required a very small percentage of older Blu-ray players to have firmware updates. I think the number of players requiring updates is about 4 or 5 so far of all players ever manufactured. It's not a big deal and the issue has been blown *way* out of proportion.
    >
    >T.B.

    You are *way* too retarded.

    It plays on one of my PS3's, but not the other.

    The new PS3 update also removes the capability to install Linux on the
    PS3.

    SO, I have one that is still a pre seek and destroy firmware version.

    You thinking that you are the great know it all is what is *way* out of
    proportion to the facts. You are so stupid that you are unaware of
    Usenet standard line lengths. Sad... truly sad.
    BarnCat, Apr 30, 2010
  6. On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:41:35 -0500, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >The Mighty T.B. <> wrote:
    >> Avatar has a updated copy protection scheme on the disc which required a
    >> very small percentage of older Blu-ray players to have firmware updates.
    >> I think the number of players requiring updates is about 4 or 5 so far of
    >> all players ever manufactured. It's not a big deal and the issue has been
    >> blown *way* out of proportion.

    >That's not what I've been reading. I've been reading about people who
    >just bought a current model, and had to update the firmware. One had the
    >update fail, turning her brand new blu-ray player into a
    >dvd-only-playing-brick.
    >
    >Reports haven't been confined to any specific brand or model. Sharp,
    >Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic - they all seem to have players that are
    >affected.
    >
    >Even some models of Sony's PS3's have had problems, while the newer slim
    >models had none.
    >
    >Either way, this isn't how you win customers over to a new technology.

    Essentially, Sony owes me for 2 PS3s now.

    The first most definitely failed after the application of a "firmware
    update".

    They were "trading out" folks' machines for a "re-furbed" unit upon
    sending yours in. I wanted MINE fixed. MY hard drive. MY case with the
    better breathing tricks applied, and MY trick paint job, etc.

    We should not tolerate this new direction product makers are moving
    toward/into. We should reject it. Fed Ex ain't that damned expensive.
    AtTheEndofMyRope, Apr 30, 2010
  7. C3 +

    BarnCat Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:34:18 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >The Fly

    >T.B.

    Isn't there some fly paper somewhere for you to get stuck on?

    The Fly indeed... Hahahaha!

    You need a spike in your head! (that one went right over)

    Liquid Sky
    BarnCat, Apr 30, 2010
  8. C3 +

    Copacetic Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:22:21 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Doug Jacobs <> wrote:
    >>Mike S. <> wrote:
    >>> Well, lessee ... I hear Avatar is a pretty good flick. It's available on
    >>> DVD or Blu-ray .... in fact, both in the same package.

    >>Unfortunately, many blu-ray players - including many recently released
    >>players - seem unable to handle whatever new-fangled version of blu-ray
    >>software used for Avatar. I bet they tried to do something unsupported in
    >>the menu system, which is causing the problems. *sigh* So much for just
    >>being able to watch a movie nowadays, eh?
    >>
    >>Blu-ray has been out, what, 3 years? You'd think "The Standard" has been
    >>solidified by now, yeah? I mean, does the frozen food industry insist we
    >>upgrade our microwave oven's firmware every time they release a new frozen
    >>entree product?

    >The standard isn't the issue. It's Fux's insistence on ever-increasing
    >complexity of copy protection.

    No,.it was because of the soundtracks included and codecs needed to be
    added to a lot of players.

    The industry simply tested their own standards requisites by forcing a
    worldwide firmware upgrade on some older, early 'DTSHD' and 'TrueHD'
    claimers of support. (I know those are not the names) The upgrade
    requisite spanned across makers, and it worked.

    Avatar is the first film that has ever had such a broad spanning effect
    on actual playback hardware before it can even be viewed.

    It is, however, awesome (BluRay).

    I have not let a single non-Lost night pass yet without watching it...
    AGAIN!
    Copacetic, Apr 30, 2010
  9. On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:49:41 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >AtTheEndofMyRope farted:
    >
    >> They were "trading out" folks' machines for a "re-furbed" unit upon
    >> sending yours in. I wanted MINE fixed. MY hard drive. MY case with the
    >> better breathing tricks applied, and MY trick paint job, etc.

    >What moron "paints" their PS3 and apparantly drills holes in it?

    The cover is tinted, transparent plastic. The paint goes on the
    inside, idiot. The holes already exist, I just made them flow better,
    idiot.

    >Oh wait, it's Archtard. 'Nuff said.

    You have yet to say anything in this group ever, you characterless
    bastard.

    Your mother was a whore who should have been in prison for the crime of
    not flushing you.
    AtTheEndofMyRope, May 1, 2010
  10. C3 +

    BarnCat Guest

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:57:57 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >BarnCat drooled:
    >
    >> Isn't there some fly paper somewhere for you to get stuck on?
    >>
    >> The Fly indeed... Hahahaha!
    >>
    >> You need a spike in your head! (that one went right over)
    >>

    >> Liquid Sky

    >The whole idea of being ablwe to carry a regular, normal conversation just soars over your head, doesn't it, Archtard?
    >
    >T.B.

    I knew that you were not sophisticated enough to get the reference.
    BarnCat, May 1, 2010
  11. On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:26:40 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    > Nothing like paint fumes settling inside a hot electronics enclosure to shorten it's lifespan, LOL!

    You are such a one minded retard.

    Ever heard of epoxy coatings? There are several coatings that are no
    more or less flammable than the plastic itself, and give off no gassing,
    unlike your fat head.

    Oh, and how would the very short term fume waftings (if any) shorten
    the life span of an electronic assembly that can handle hot solvent bath
    and fume cloud cleaning cycles? Fumes that were unable even to melt the
    plastic cover...

    Stop trying to make things up as you go along. You are showing your
    stupidity.
    AtTheEndofMyRope, May 1, 2010
  12. On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:26:40 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    > I'm sure it was quite the scene when the Sony techs got a look at your "trick" paint job,

    When did this imaginary event occur?

    > busted up laughing at the dumb simp who sent it in wondering why it went all broken.

    I know more about thermal management than you ever will.
    AtTheEndofMyRope, May 1, 2010
  13. C3 +

    BarnCat Guest

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:28:24 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >BarnCat drooled:
    >
    >(goofiness snipped)
    >
    >> I knew that you were not sophisticated enough to get the reference.

    >That's just super.
    >
    >T.B.

    The word for today is endorphin. (you'll miss that one too)
    BarnCat, May 1, 2010
  14. On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:39:13 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    wrote:

    >The only fumes here come from the stench of your post.

    **** off, BlueFeces. No one invited your retarded remarks, so don't
    expect to be given any credence when you spew your stench into the group.
    AtTheEndofMyRope, May 1, 2010
  15. On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:39:13 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    wrote:

    >Congrats on hijacking yet another a.v.dvd thread.

    It is a troll, idiot.
    AtTheEndofMyRope, May 1, 2010
  16. C3 +

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    AtTheEndofMyRope wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:39:13 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The only fumes here come from the stench of your post.

    > **** off, BlueFeces. No one invited your retarded remarks, so don't
    > expect to be given any credence when you spew your stench into the group.

    Grow up little man. You have single handedly destroyed this group.
    BlueBuyYoo, May 1, 2010
  17. C3 +

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    AtTheEndofMyRope wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:39:13 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Congrats on hijacking yet another a.v.dvd thread.

    > It is a troll, idiot.

    Says the troll expert.
    BlueBuyYoo, May 1, 2010
  18. On Sat, 01 May 2010 11:13:51 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    wrote:

    >AtTheEndofMyRope wrote:
    >> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:39:13 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The only fumes here come from the stench of your post.

    >> **** off, BlueFeces. No one invited your retarded remarks, so don't
    >> expect to be given any credence when you spew your stench into the group.

    >Grow up little man. You have single handedly destroyed this group.

    **** off little ****.

    You have single handedly made a bad name for women all over the world,
    whore.
    Archimedes' Lever, May 3, 2010
  19. On Sat, 01 May 2010 11:14:26 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    wrote:

    >AtTheEndofMyRope wrote:
    >> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:39:13 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Congrats on hijacking yet another a.v.dvd thread.

    >> It is a troll, idiot.

    >Says the troll expert.

    You certainly have no skill at it, shit for brains.
    AtTheEndofMyRope, May 3, 2010
  20. C3 +

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    AtTheEndofMyRope wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 May 2010 11:14:26 -0400, BlueFeces <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> AtTheEndofMyRope wrote:

    >>> It is a troll, idiot.

    >> Says the troll expert.

    > You certainly have no skill at it, shit for brains.

    Doesn't take much to keep you dancing.
    BlueBuyYoo, May 3, 2010