    off my Dlink cable router (i.e. no adsl connection) so using it as a
    gateway. I haven't noticed an uplink port on the speedtouch

    Thanks
    Jim, May 1, 2006

  2. Jim

    Moonshine Guest

    Re: Speedtouch 716v5 - can it be cascaded from cable ? - SW_EXP_voiceata_7xx_WL.tpl (0/1)

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:46:21 GMT, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >I am currently with NTL , but possibly looking to go to ADSL within a couple
    >of months.
    >I like the look and features of the speedtouch 716v5 , I need an ata that I
    >can plug pstn into etc (so only have one phone plugged in for the women in
    >the house). Rather than buy a separate ATA , I would like to buy one ready
    >for change to ADSL. Can I use all the features of the Speedtouch cascaded
    >off my Dlink cable router (i.e. no adsl connection) so using it as a
    >gateway. I haven't noticed an uplink port on the speedtouch
    >
    >Thanks

    Yes - you can use the attached template to use Ethernet port 4 as the
    WAN connection...

    HTH
    Moonshine, May 1, 2006

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Re: Speedtouch 716v5 - can it be cascaded from cable ? - SW_EXP_voiceata_7xx_WL.tpl (1/1)

    Thanks moonshine - how do you use the template ?

    Ta
    Jim, May 1, 2006
  4. Jim

    Moonshine Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 11:45:27 GMT, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >Thanks moonshine - how do you use the template ?
    >
    >Ta

    2 ways...

    Either by selecting it when using the setup wizard that comes on the
    CD with the router.

    or

    If you make sure you upgrade to the 5.4 firmware or later first
    (http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/716.asp) then you can use the web
    interface to "restore a configuration" just browse to this template to
    upload it (rename it to no more than 8 character file name with .tpl
    extension first). You can then use the web based setup wizard and
    select this template from the list.
    Moonshine, May 1, 2006
  5. Jim

    Marty C Guest

    "Moonshine" <> wrote in message

    > Yes - you can use the attached template to use Ethernet port 4 as the
    > WAN connection...

    Moonshine,

    What template please? Where do you find these?

    I know that various templates come on the installation CD, but these seem to
    be undocumented. Also, I am using firmware version 5.4, not the Shipping
    Version 716WL = 5.3.2.6 UK, so presumably these may not work anyway. The
    upgrade did not come with any new templates.

    Many thanks

    Marty C
    Marty C, May 1, 2006
  6. Jim

    Moonshine Guest

    Re: Speedtouch 716v5 - can it be cascaded from cable ? - SW_EXP_voiceata_7xx_WL.tpl (0/1)

    On Mon, 1 May 2006 18:59:04 +0100, "Marty C"
    <> wrote:

    >"Moonshine" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Yes - you can use the attached template to use Ethernet port 4 as the
    >> WAN connection...
    >>

    >Moonshine,
    >
    >What template please? Where do you find these?
    >
    >I know that various templates come on the installation CD, but these seem to
    >be undocumented. Also, I am using firmware version 5.4, not the Shipping
    >Version 716WL = 5.3.2.6 UK, so presumably these may not work anyway. The
    >upgrade did not come with any new templates.
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Marty C

    The Template was attached to post. I'm sure they will be put on the
    SpeedTouch UK web site before long ;-)
    Moonshine, May 1, 2006
  7. Jim

    Marty C Guest

    "Moonshine" <> wrote in message

    > The Template was attached to post. I'm sure they will be put on the
    > SpeedTouch UK web site before long ;-)

    No template attached to post this end. All I can see is Jim's frown!

    Where did you get them from please?

    Marty C
    Marty C, May 1, 2006