Speedtouch 576 hangs at "Acquiring Network Address" Wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Ali Chambers, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Ali Chambers

    Ali Chambers Guest

    Hi,

    I'd be really grateful for any advice here:

    I have a Intel Centrino Fujitsu laptop with a built in wireless card.
    The wireless card connects to other wireless networks but not my home
    one.

    I also know my home network works, as I am using my fujitsu laptop with
    an ethernet cable. My second laptop connects via wireless to my home
    network fine.

    When I try to connect via wireless on my fujitsu laptop to my home
    network, I get:

    "Connecting..."
    and it hangs at:
    "Acquiring Network Address"....

    I've tried disabling the firewall, restarting the wireless connection
    and nothing works!

    I'm using AOL (UK) broadband with a Speedtouch 576 router.

    Oh - I can get the laptop to connect to AOL by disabling WEP security
    on the router. But I don't want to have to use an unsecured network.

    Can anyone help!
    Thanks - alex

    Ali Chambers, Sep 21, 2006